Profile Picture

Bugs?

Posted By Jim 11 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Jim. The only bug I see right now is the listing for a page 4 on the “Forum upgrade!” thread below. When you click on the ‘4’, you get this.

The following error occurred...

An error occurred whilst attempting to view the requested topic. It could be the board administrator has hidden the topic authors primary member group from display.

Return to previous page...

The last post on the thread is actually on page three.
So far so good though as the new software is miles ahead of the old stuff.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Jim
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Administrator

Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Ya, that kind of thing was seen briefly the other day on another one. Will get it checked out.

Jim (site owner)
'56 Club Sedan - Ted Eaton built 429 hp '292/318, '54 Sunliner - stock '302
MoonShadow
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Jim,

I just heard from Lon and he said he hasn't been able to log on for several days. I've asked him for more specifics and will forward them.
The idle time reverted to timed out search again, which is probably normal, but when you click on home from that screen it shows the error page. I have to click the link in my favorites and come back in from the main page. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Jim
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Administrator

Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)

Just remember, the forum is on a totally different server now. The "favorites" linking to the old address will not work. I suspect that this is what Lon is doing. He needs to go to the main page of the website, force it to reload and then hit the forum button.

Jim (site owner)
Jim Wright
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I've been unable to sign in for what seems like ages. I was unaware that a new version of software was being installed. When I went to the previous location of the forum, it simply didn't work. It would be good to put a static notification page up, or better yet create a permanent redirect to the new forum. Anyway, I eventually went to the site's page and clicked on forum and found this new setup.

Looks great, thanks for the hard work!

However, I'm still unable to sign in. Whenever I try to sign in, I get the error I'll paste below. Once I do that, nothing works. The login cookie persists and the site fails. I used a different web browser as an anonymous user, and looked at the "who's on" link at the top. It claims that my account is online and viewing homepage. I created this bogus account just so I could post a message. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help sort this out.

EDIT: oh, it would help to know my real account. jrw429

Server Error in '/' Application.
Directory 'C:\DWASFiles\Sites\yblocksforever\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\Globalization\globalization' does not exist. Failed to start monitoring file changes.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Directory 'C:\DWASFiles\Sites\yblocksforever\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\Globalization\globalization' does not exist. Failed to start monitoring file changes.

Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80070002): Directory 'C:\DWASFiles\Sites\yblocksforever\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\Globalization\globalization' does not exist. Failed to start monitoring file changes.]
System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.FindDirectoryMonitor(String dir, Boolean addIfNotFound, Boolean throwOnError) +334
System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.StartMonitoringPath(String alias, FileChangeEventHandler callback, FileAttributesData& fad) +805
System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency.Init(Boolean isPublic, String[] filenamesArg, String[] cachekeysArg, CacheDependency dependency, DateTime utcStart) +2558
System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency..ctor(String filename, DateTime start) +113
System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency..ctor(String filename) +56 InstantASP.Common.XML.XMLdocument.LoadResourceFile(String m_Path, Boolean ApplyFormatting) +1051
InstantASP.Common.XML.XMLdocument.GetValue(String sKey, String sXMLPath, String sSortColumn) +141
InstantASP.Common.Globalization.Resources.ObtainKey(String Key, String ReplacementText, String Culture, String ResourceFile) +174
InstantASP.Common.Globalization.Resources.GetKey(String Key, String Culture) +127
InstantASP.InstantForum.UI.Controls.ForumOptions.Initialize(Control ctlSkin) +731
InstantASP.Common.UI.Base.SkinControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +228
InstantASP.InstantForum.UI.Base.SkinControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +123
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +210
System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +198
System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +80
InstantASP.Common.UI.Base.SkinControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +601
InstantASP.InstantForum.UI.Base.SkinControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +123
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5456; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5456
Lie on road
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)

I am in the same boat.

Mark
'56 Mercury M100
'55 Fairlane Club Sedan

Delta, B.C.
Jim Wright
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)

I saw some talk that the error might be related to using a Mac. Hope this helps. All systems are fully up to date with available patches.

OSX 10.7.5, Safari 6.0.2 - unable to sign in
iphone iOS 6.1, Safari - unable to sign in
Ubuntu Precise, Firefox 18.0.2 - unable to sign in
Windows XP Pro x64, Internet Explorer - unable to sign in
Windows 7, Internet Explorer - unable to sign in
Windows 8, Internet Explorer - unable to sign in

Note that on all of the above I am able to view the site anonymously. When I try to sign in, I am completely locked out with the above error. It seems clear that the error is not due to a particular browser or operating system, but something associated with the account in the forums. I created this new account (associated with a different email address) and I'm able to get in fine using OSX 10.7.5 and Chrome 24.0.1312.57.

Formerly,
jrw429
Jim
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Administrator

You are getting the error because your browser is still trying to go to the old forum on the old server. The entire forum folder has been emptied of files. Will get a page up that tells users what to do to get to the new forum.

Jim (site owner)
Jim Wright
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

The URL that produces that error is http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Default.aspx

I believe that is the new forum. The old forum was at http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Default.aspx. It gives a different error.

Sorry if it seems I'm being pushy. I think others have this problem as well and I'm trying to provide as much info as possible so it can be tracked down and solved.
BudMan
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)Supercharged (144 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Not sure if this is a bug or not. I was reading a post from 11/23/2012 concerning ZDDP in oil. There is a PDF file attached, TDR57 Oil.pdf. When I clicked on it to read it, it kicked me back to the home page instead of tho the pdf doc.

BudMan

When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty

Reading This Topic

Site Meter