Bugs?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic79298.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Jim - 11 Years Ago
As with any major upgrade, there are bugs in moving from the very old version to current. Stephen and I worked through a bunch of them yesterday, and I tried to break things last night. So far, it is looking good, but if you guys find any issues where you get an error, just shoot me an email letting me know what you were trying to do when it had the problem. With that knowledge, Stephen is VERY fast at fixing it.

We went from hosting the forums on godaddy.com to a totally different server which is actually designed to do sql databases. There are two main creators of sql software, Microsoft and Azure. We moved from the former to the latter so we have found that there are a few commands that are different with making things go. Not a big deal, but we need to be totally issue free.

You may have noticed that the forum responds much quicker also. That is part of having the server that is built to do this specifically.

I hope that everyone likes the new look and feel, you should only have to login the first time and as the box is checked to remember you, it should know who you are from that point on.

Enjoy! It is for you!
By Hoosier Hurricane - 11 Years Ago
Jim:

Thanks for the effort to improve what was already the best site ever. I have a "Y-Blocks Forever Forum" line on my favorites list, and I used to use it to go directly to the forum. Now when I use it the page comes up for me to sign in (it never remembers me), I do so and hit "login", and an error page comes up. If I go tothe home page and click on "forums" it comes right up. No big deal, I'm not complaining, but you asked if there were any glitches.
By Jim - 11 Years Ago
John, that is because the forum is no longer where it used to be. When you go directly to the forum, the counter never knows that you have been to the site. But if you insist, Smile, http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/default.aspx will get you directly to the forum. I will be removing the old forum totally as all the info was moved to the new one by Stephen.
By MoonShadow - 11 Years Ago
Thanks for putting your picture up Jim. So thats what you look like! Whistling Site definately seems to be loading quicker. Looks like a good change. Will watch for those pesky bugs. Chuck
By Hoosier Hurricane - 11 Years Ago
Jim:

Oops, sorry. About twice a day for 10 years I have been bypassing your counter. I'll do it right from now on.
By Jim - 11 Years Ago
I knew that but didn't want to start name calling! BigGrin
Jim,

I mentioned that a while back and got a lot of odd questions about the "hit counter". You hadn't said anything for quite some time but I had to assume you were still watching them. By the way what are the current hit numbers?

On the new site, I logged in and out yesterday but left my computer on the forum. So far it has defaulted back to something like the old forums too many searchs in x seconds warning with the old look. If I click on "home" I get a complete error page. I'll try to get a copy next time it happens.

I go to "favorites" and reload the Y-Blocks forever main page and click forums and its right back to the new and improved model. Not sure if anyone else has seen that.

Chuck
By Jim - 11 Years Ago
The last report (I get one each week) was something like 534,000 hits to the site. Don't remember page views but it was well over one million.
By Glen Henderson - 11 Years Ago
Jim, thanks for everything you have done. This has always been one of the best car sites on the internet and now it seems to be even better. After getting over the initial shock of the change (old dogs don't like change), I'm liking it! Too complicate thing even more for me, my wife bought me a new laptop for Christmas with Windows 8, talk about getting use to a change, but at least I am finally able to get on my sites without have to ask for help. Look forward to meeting you in person in Columbus this year.
By charliemccraney - 11 Years Ago
One bug that seems to be carrying over is the Time zones. If I set mine to Eastern, it says it is now 12:39am, tomorrow. It is 6:39pm.
It did something like this in the old forum, too.
Right now I'm at Midway Island, Samoa to get the correct time displayed.
By Ted - 11 Years Ago
Jim. The only bug I see right now is the listing for a page 4 on the “Forum upgrade!” thread below. When you click on the ‘4’, you get this.

The following error occurred...

An error occurred whilst attempting to view the requested topic. It could be the board administrator has hidden the topic authors primary member group from display.

Return to previous page...

The last post on the thread is actually on page three.
So far so good though as the new software is miles ahead of the old stuff.
By Jim - 11 Years Ago
Ya, that kind of thing was seen briefly the other day on another one. Will get it checked out.
Jim,

I just heard from Lon and he said he hasn't been able to log on for several days. I've asked him for more specifics and will forward them.
The idle time reverted to timed out search again, which is probably normal, but when you click on home from that screen it shows the error page. I have to click the link in my favorites and come back in from the main page. Chuck
By Jim - 11 Years Ago
Just remember, the forum is on a totally different server now. The "favorites" linking to the old address will not work. I suspect that this is what Lon is doing. He needs to go to the main page of the website, force it to reload and then hit the forum button.
By Jim Wright - 11 Years Ago
I've been unable to sign in for what seems like ages. I was unaware that a new version of software was being installed. When I went to the previous location of the forum, it simply didn't work. It would be good to put a static notification page up, or better yet create a permanent redirect to the new forum. Anyway, I eventually went to the site's page and clicked on forum and found this new setup.

Looks great, thanks for the hard work!

However, I'm still unable to sign in. Whenever I try to sign in, I get the error I'll paste below. Once I do that, nothing works. The login cookie persists and the site fails. I used a different web browser as an anonymous user, and looked at the "who's on" link at the top. It claims that my account is online and viewing homepage. I created this bogus account just so I could post a message. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help sort this out.

EDIT: oh, it would help to know my real account. jrw429

Server Error in '/' Application.
Directory 'C:\DWASFiles\Sites\yblocksforever\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\Globalization\globalization' does not exist. Failed to start monitoring file changes.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Directory 'C:\DWASFiles\Sites\yblocksforever\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\Globalization\globalization' does not exist. Failed to start monitoring file changes.

Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80070002): Directory 'C:\DWASFiles\Sites\yblocksforever\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\Globalization\globalization' does not exist. Failed to start monitoring file changes.]
System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.FindDirectoryMonitor(String dir, Boolean addIfNotFound, Boolean throwOnError) +334
System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.StartMonitoringPath(String alias, FileChangeEventHandler callback, FileAttributesData& fad) +805
System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency.Init(Boolean isPublic, String[] filenamesArg, String[] cachekeysArg, CacheDependency dependency, DateTime utcStart) +2558
System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency..ctor(String filename, DateTime start) +113
System.Web.Caching.CacheDependency..ctor(String filename) +56 InstantASP.Common.XML.XMLdocument.LoadResourceFile(String m_Path, Boolean ApplyFormatting) +1051
InstantASP.Common.XML.XMLdocument.GetValue(String sKey, String sXMLPath, String sSortColumn) +141
InstantASP.Common.Globalization.Resources.ObtainKey(String Key, String ReplacementText, String Culture, String ResourceFile) +174
InstantASP.Common.Globalization.Resources.GetKey(String Key, String Culture) +127
InstantASP.InstantForum.UI.Controls.ForumOptions.Initialize(Control ctlSkin) +731
InstantASP.Common.UI.Base.SkinControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +228
InstantASP.InstantForum.UI.Base.SkinControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +123
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +210
System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +198
System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child) +80
InstantASP.Common.UI.Base.SkinControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +601
InstantASP.InstantForum.UI.Base.SkinControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +123
System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +333
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +378

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5456; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5456
By Lie on road - 11 Years Ago
I am in the same boat.
I saw some talk that the error might be related to using a Mac. Hope this helps. All systems are fully up to date with available patches.

OSX 10.7.5, Safari 6.0.2 - unable to sign in
iphone iOS 6.1, Safari - unable to sign in
Ubuntu Precise, Firefox 18.0.2 - unable to sign in
Windows XP Pro x64, Internet Explorer - unable to sign in
Windows 7, Internet Explorer - unable to sign in
Windows 8, Internet Explorer - unable to sign in

Note that on all of the above I am able to view the site anonymously. When I try to sign in, I am completely locked out with the above error. It seems clear that the error is not due to a particular browser or operating system, but something associated with the account in the forums. I created this new account (associated with a different email address) and I'm able to get in fine using OSX 10.7.5 and Chrome 24.0.1312.57.

Formerly,
jrw429
By Jim - 11 Years Ago
You are getting the error because your browser is still trying to go to the old forum on the old server. The entire forum folder has been emptied of files. Will get a page up that tells users what to do to get to the new forum.
The URL that produces that error is http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Default.aspx

I believe that is the new forum. The old forum was at http://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/Default.aspx. It gives a different error.

Sorry if it seems I'm being pushy. I think others have this problem as well and I'm trying to provide as much info as possible so it can be tracked down and solved.
By BudMan - 11 Years Ago
Not sure if this is a bug or not. I was reading a post from 11/23/2012 concerning ZDDP in oil. There is a PDF file attached, TDR57 Oil.pdf. When I clicked on it to read it, it kicked me back to the home page instead of tho the pdf doc.

BudMan
By Ted - 11 Years Ago
BudMan (2/12/2013)
Not sure if this is a bug or not. I was reading a post from 11/23/2012 concerning ZDDP in oil. There is a PDF file attached, TDR57 Oil.pdf. When I clicked on it to read it, it kicked me back to the home page instead of tho the pdf doc.

BudMan

I hope that was just a one off nuance. I went to the post in question and clicked on the link and it went where it was suppose to. But by all means post any problems as you see them.
By Ted - 11 Years Ago
This note is for Dennis Simpson, Mark Jessup, and Mark Smith. You haven't been forgotten. I've been working on your original accounts trying different combinations to see what it takes to get you 'alive' on the site. While I can get the forum to recognize that you are indeed logged in, the viewing page simply comes up as an error page. All three of you are in the same boat right now and this problem does not seem to be your own computer systems in particular as my own computer works for me but not for the three of you. I simply go to tools and delete all cookies after trying to log onto your accounts and my account still comes up fine. I'll send emails to each of you in case you don't see this.
Ted, I (lyonroad) also have not been able to log into the forum using my old account on my PC. My attempts have been as follow:
Google Y Blocks Forever (in Firefox)
Go to the Y blocks forever website
Select Forums

This produces the same error that Fubar has previously posted.

If I then leave the Y Blocks Forever website and go to the Firefox home page and select the "Private Browsing" function I can access the Forum home page using the same steps as above. Attempting to log in then produces the same error message. All of the problems persist in Internet Explorer and if I attemp with my wife's laptop.

To log in on my new account I also must invoke the "Private Browsing" function but have no problem logging in after that using the same procedure. My son was over last night and although he was unable to detect the exact problem he concluded that it is a "cookie" issue. He disabled the "accept cookies" feature in Firefox and the error messages disappeared, however we could not log in as a "cookie" is needed to do this. Kind of "Catch 22". We deleted all of the cookies and started again with no success. Something is corrupting the "cookie". I have previously deleted all of my cache and browser history as well.

I have been communicating extensively with Mark Jessup but we have been unable to come up with anything. I spoke to my Internet Provider tech person and they told me they don't deal with third party issues.

Hope this is of some help.

Mark Johnston

Ted, one other thing which could have something to do with this. The very first time I attempted to access the new forum I went straight to the home page without issue. The problem did not occur until I attempted to log in. This also happened on my wife's computer. I have a feeling that it was that first attempt to log in that started the issue for me.
By the way, thanks to you and Jim and the others who are trying to get to the bottom of this. MJ.
By oldcarmark - 11 Years Ago
Another interesting development.Ted has been trying to figure out why I can't log in under my old ID.Tried various passwords and cleared his browser history.Still nothing.I just changed to my desktop instead of my laptop.Google search Y Blocks forever.When I clicked the link it opened at the new site WITH my old ID without logging in.This is my old ID on this topic.Now if I logout what do I use for a password to get back in?I think I will leave it alone for now.
By oldcarmark2 - 11 Years Ago
And on my laptop I am back to my alter ego!
Mark, with all of our attempts to log in on our original accounts, the fact that it showed that we were online at the the bottom of the page could mean that we were online but some glitch was stopping us from accessing the contents of the forum. So when you went to log in from another computer you were already logged in. In theory you should be able to log out on the second computer and log back in again, but I will leave that to you.

Another thought, the first time I attempted to login I had no idea that I should be clearing my browser history,cache, cookies etc. If I go into windows and restore my computer settings back to a date prior to my first attempted login and then clear browsing history,cache etc. would that do anything. I won't try it unless someone who knows about restoring settings says its ok. Maybe those who are not experiencing problems had the computer set to clear history automatically.
By oldcarmark2 - 11 Years Ago
Ted has been trying a couple of different passwords with my email address so I am not sure what password I would use to log on if I log off to try it.Going to leave it alone until some bugs are fixed.I would like to log in from my laptop which I use all the time but I cant log in at the moment using my original ID
For at least some of us, I'm certain the errors have nothing to do with cookies and are a server problem. The error message is pretty clear:

[HttpException (0x80070002): Directory 'C:\DWASFiles\Sites\yblocksforever\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\Globalization\globalization' does not exist. Failed to start monitoring file changes.]

Either a file or directory or some component of the InstantForum.NET software is not installed or configured correctly. I sure appreciate Ted and Jim's attempts to get this sorted out.

Jim
(formerly and hope to once-again be, jrw429)
Not withstanding all that has been said before, and with great perseverance, I am now able to access the home page of the forum without toggling the Private Browsing function. One step forward.
By Ted - 11 Years Ago
If you can make it this far into the forums as a guest but continue to get an error page when you attempt to log in under your old user account, then try this. Go to the home page (look for this on the upper left of this page) and once there, scroll down to the lower right just under the forum headers and just above ‘Activity’ and look for ‘Delete Cookies’. Press this and then try logging on again.
Once I have a cookie for the site to recognize my jrw429 account, I can't do anything on the site. If the cookie is there, I can't visit the site un-logged-in. However, I can manually delete the cookie. Once I do that, the site comes up perfectly in Guest mode. I can view everything. If I log in as jrw429 then the exact same error occurs and the site is again inaccessible.

I've been reading up on issues with Microsoft's System.Web.FileChangesMonitor.FindDirectoryMonitor() call, and I've seen lots of people with problems similar to this, but I don't really have any reasonable advice for you.
I just got my problem fixed up thanks to Teds perserverance.I closed all programs and closed and re-opened my computer.Go to delete browsing history along with any cookies.Open a new link to the site.Go to the bottom of the page and delete cookies before you attempt to sign in.This allowed me to sign in under my old ID.I checked 3-4 times by leaving the site and going back on.It remembered me and works fine.Hope this helps someone else.Thanks Ted!
By Jim - 11 Years Ago
Excellent, After doing the changeover, I got slammed at work and just this afternoon it is settling down a bit. I am at a disadvantage as I run Macs and can't duplicate what Ted found.
Mark, great to hear you've got things going again. I tried your steps and it didn't work for me. I'd previously done this, but tried again in case "something changed". Smile
By The Master Cylinder - 11 Years Ago
Ted got me fixed. After a week of Cold Turkey I was going into withdrawals. FYI Jim, I have a Mac also and Ted got me on with my original username and a different password than my old one.

Thanks for your diligence, Ted. Smooooth
Actually it was Ted that figured out what to do.Maybe he can have a go at your problem.Did you try a new ID with a different email(create a new membership)?That worked for me initially.I just wanted to get back my original ID as I have been on here for about 3 years.
Mark, Your trick didn't work for me either, but you know what. I'm reconciled to that. I'll just use my new account. Jim and Ted have enough to worry about. I am a bit concerned though, that Jim got slammed at work. I don't like to hear that and he doesn't deserve that.
By jrw429 - 11 Years Ago
Thanks Ted, your hard work got me back again!
By HT32BSX115 - 11 Years Ago
Howdy Jim!

The site is looking better than ever!

If you sent emails to people informing them of the change over, I sure didn't get it!

I did get an email from the site telling me that a user I am "following" posted something otherwise I wouldn't have known about the switch!

I kept going to the main Y-blocks Forever site and clicking the "forums" link [hxxp://www.y-blocksforever.com/forums/default.aspx] and getting the same "The resource cannot be found" message.

I'm sure that's on the list of things to fix!

Glad to see it's all working again!

I have always wanted to ask why you didn't use one of the other forum programs like vBulletin or other but this one is pretty nice once I get it all configured.

73/Rick

(and I really DO have an HT32B & SX115 ! although you're probably the only one here that knows what that means!)
Jim and Ted, there are more than a few guys on The Ford Barn that still can't get on. I told them about deleting their cookies and all but still can't get on. Is there a better contact than giving them Ted's place of business E-mail? Doesn't seem right to have all these guys bothering you when your working. Smooooth
By Ted - 11 Years Ago
The Master Cylinder (2/22/2013)
Jim and Ted, there are more than a few guys on The Ford Barn that still can't get on. I told them about deleting their cookies and all but still can't get on. Is there a better contact than giving them Ted's place of business E-mail? Doesn't seem right to have all these guys bothering you when your working. Smooooth

It's not a bother to contact me at my business email as that's seems to be the best way to contact me. And at this point, I've got it down on doing the resets to individual accounts as I become aware of them. But for those that can not log in, I do need the email address and username that's being used for the forums to expedite fixing those accounts that are still having trouble.

I'll talk to Jim and see if we can temporarily assign someone that can access the accounts and start doing resets on all of them that have not logged on since Feb 7th. While I've done quite a few and have it down to one a minute including sending out an email to that account, it's still a daunting task considering there may be well over a thousand accounts that are still unable to log in and do not realize that the site is up and running and not simply posting them an error message.
By teejay99 - 11 Years Ago
I was one of the " guys from the Ford Barn that couldn't get on " ...obviously OK now . Yes the log in is much quicker and I can be automatically logged in ! Life is good .BigGrin

Thanks for all the hard work ...it has really paid off .

T
By B7ME - 11 Years Ago
To the site owner, I believe you probably have many members unable to log in, I created a new registration to post this as I continued to be directed to the ERROR pages when attempting to log in. Once an attempt was made the ERROR pages continue until I deleted cookies then viewing was possible. I tried all suggestions which were posted but none made a difference.

For me posting is not so important and it took a while to remember I had another email address I could use to register anew. It also may be helpful to have a redirect at the old address (maybe to late) to guide members here.

I hope the new site is less painful for you to operate as we all know it took a lot of effort to keep the old site running. Thanks for Keeping the Dream Alive!, and I hope someday everyone gets back in.

Ted in Redding, formerly known as brokengate.
By Ted - 11 Years Ago
B7ME (2/27/2013)
....... I had another email address I could use to register anew. .......
Ted in Redding, formerly known as brokengate.

Brokengate. As I become aware of user accounts that do not login properly, I can do some resets that restore the accounts. If you’d like the Brokengate account brought back to life, just email me directly with your username and the email address used to access the account and I’ll see what I can do.
By rgrove - 11 Years Ago
Jim,

Thanks for all of the efforts! One thing I noticed (not sure if you can do anything about it) is that I cant post comments/replies from my ipad. I can click the "reply" button, and the dialogue box comes up, and i can type in the response or comment, but it doesnt recognize the "post reply" button, so it never actually posts the replies. Is there a way to address that?

Thanks!
By Rudder2fly - 11 Years Ago
I think this new site is great but I could not get past the log in until just now. I would get logged in but could not post because of an error page. If I did not log out at that time I was done. My computer would not even let me in to the Y-Blocksforever site. So I went to the FORD BARN site became a member and found my way to Ted Eatons E-mail address. I assume that Mr.Ted fixed things for me so that I can now log in and post. Thank You Ted Eaton. I don't know what the site would do without you. Gene Stoehr Kuttawa, Ky.
By stlroken - 11 Years Ago
Ditto to Rudder2flys comments.....Ted got me all fixed up and now everything is working great..Thank You Ted.

Jim Dahl
By Ted - 11 Years Ago
rgrove (2/28/2013)
Jim, Thanks for all of the efforts! One thing I noticed (not sure if you can do anything about it) is that I cant post comments/replies from my ipad. I can click the "reply" button, and the dialogue box comes up, and i can type in the response or comment, but it doesnt recognize the "post reply" button, so it never actually posts the replies. Is there a way to address that? Thanks!

That’s a “Jim” question as that is outside my area of expertise. You might try emailing him using the “Site Mechanic (Webmaster)” link on the sites homepage. http://www.y-blocksforever.com/
By brokengate - 11 Years Ago
Thanks Ted Eaton for the brokengate fix.
By Daniel Jessup - 11 Years Ago
Not experiencing any bugs, so take this as a compliment. I really LIKE the new feature where I get an email to my regular email address once someone has posted a PM to me.

Everything's working well! We appreciate it Jim and the crew!
By BrianL - 11 Years Ago
I was one of those that also could not log on no matter what. Could view as a guest no problem. Deleting the cookies & history didn't help as is has with others, but I run a Mac, so maybe there are differences related to that. Ted did the internal reset for me & now no troubles.

Thanks Ted!

Cheers,
By Duck - 11 Years Ago
The forum doesn't work for me at all, anymore. I have cookies enabled, my browser isn't blocking any scripts, but all I get are a bunch of "loading clocks" for everything, no forums or anything else. When the page is as fully rendered as it will be (for me) the "clocks" signal loading of page is still progressing, but in reality, it has quit.
By Y block Billy - 11 Years Ago
The only thing I see is that I post at say noon time and it says I posted at like 2:30am, the clock is not in sync with my computer.
By Jim - 11 Years Ago
You can set up the time zone in your profile.
By charliemccraney - 11 Years Ago
The time zone doesn't work correctly. I have mine set in Hawaii to display the correct time. Georgia is nowhere near Hawaii.
I agree with Charlie, the time is messed up. When I'm looking at the site in the afternoon it tells me the posts were from yesterday.
Ted/Jim. The "Insert link" on the reply page does not seem to be working. I know it was because I used it, but now it does not paste link.
After posting a topic or reply is there a direct way back to the topic you were on. Once I've typed and checked the comment I usually use the back arrow go to the original post. I'm probably missing something but it wouldn't be the first time. Chuck
I'm suddenly getting bad webpage messages from Symantec on this site. Anyone else? Chuck

symres:C:\Program Files (x86)\Norton Security Suite\MUI\20.2.0.19\09\01\coUICtlr.loc/SUSPICIOUSREDIRECT.HTML
By Ted - 11 Years Ago
MoonShadow (3/23/2013)
After posting a topic or reply is there a direct way back to the topic you were on. Once I've typed and checked the comment I usually use the back arrow go to the original post. I'm probably missing something but it wouldn't be the first time. Chuck
Chuck. Once I add a reply to a post, the forum takes me back to the post from which the thread originated. In the case of this thread, it takes me back to the top of page 6 of this thread. Where does it take you?
Well, let me see what it does. Chuck

Ok, when the post shows up the page goes back to the page and my new post.

Now, If I want to go back where I was I either have to click on home or latest posts. If I click the back arrows it takes me back to the reply screen then back to the previous posts and then back to where I was at latest posts. As I typed this I realized that I just need to hit latest posts again! Gee Ted, you are good! Another problem fixed.

No new recurrences of the Symantic web page warning so far today. I contacted them about it. Thanks, Chuck
By Ted - 11 Years Ago
Duck (3/20/2013)
The forum doesn't work for me at all, anymore. I have cookies enabled, my browser isn't blocking any scripts, but all I get are a bunch of "loading clocks" for everything, no forums or anything else. When the page is as fully rendered as it will be (for me) the "clocks" signal loading of page is still progressing, but in reality, it has quit.

Duck. You might want to run a virus scan on your computer. I tried to email you a couple of different times but the email address you use here on the site simply bounces the message back as an invalid email address. If you can email me directly, I'll send you some thoughts on what might be occurring. My contact information is at www.eatonbalancing.com .
By Ted - 11 Years Ago
Duck (3/20/2013)

Duck. I see where your email address is invalid so if you'll email me directly offsite I'll see what I can do on this end to at least get your email address up to date on the forum. With that working, it will be easier to get any bugs with your account straightened out. My contact info is at www.eatonbalancing.com . Ted.
By 56_Fairlane - 11 Years Ago
The forum is working great for me except for one thing, I don't receive notifications for the threads I've subscribed to. I've confirmed them through the topic options but I still get nothing.
By Ted - 11 Years Ago
56_Fairlane (3/30/2013)
The forum is working great for me except for one thing, I don't receive notifications for the threads I've subscribed to. I've confirmed them through the topic options but I still get nothing.

Have you selected the topics for which you want email notification? I haven't used that feature so I don't know if it works or not. But I did get to that option by selecting "My Profile", "Favorites", and "Topics". Let me know if that is what you did and if so, then I'll test the system with my own account and see if there are any special nuances involved. In stating the obvious, be sure the email account used for forum access is same as the email account seen by your own computer.
Ted, I've used that with success. Go to top of the thread, right hand corner. Topic Options, Add To Favorites, Subscribe By E-mail, Click Add to Favorites.

Hope that helps.
By 56_Fairlane - 11 Years Ago
I didn't know I needed to do that additional step. I thought once you selected a topic as favorite and then select subscribe by email, that was it. I went into my profile as suggested and found nothing was subscribed with an email notification.
By Duck - 11 Years Ago
The forum is working for me now- not a clue as to how or why. I have nearly a month's worth reading to get caught up on ! /Duck