Profile Picture

Bugs?

Posted By Jim 11 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
BudMan (2/12/2013)
Not sure if this is a bug or not. I was reading a post from 11/23/2012 concerning ZDDP in oil. There is a PDF file attached, TDR57 Oil.pdf. When I clicked on it to read it, it kicked me back to the home page instead of tho the pdf doc.

BudMan

I hope that was just a one off nuance. I went to the post in question and clicked on the link and it went where it was suppose to. But by all means post any problems as you see them.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Ted
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

This note is for Dennis Simpson, Mark Jessup, and Mark Smith. You haven't been forgotten. I've been working on your original accounts trying different combinations to see what it takes to get you 'alive' on the site. While I can get the forum to recognize that you are indeed logged in, the viewing page simply comes up as an error page. All three of you are in the same boat right now and this problem does not seem to be your own computer systems in particular as my own computer works for me but not for the three of you. I simply go to tools and delete all cookies after trying to log onto your accounts and my account still comes up fine. I'll send emails to each of you in case you don't see this.

Lie on road
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Ted, I (lyonroad) also have not been able to log into the forum using my old account on my PC. My attempts have been as follow:
Google Y Blocks Forever (in Firefox)
Go to the Y blocks forever website
Select Forums

This produces the same error that Fubar has previously posted.

If I then leave the Y Blocks Forever website and go to the Firefox home page and select the "Private Browsing" function I can access the Forum home page using the same steps as above. Attempting to log in then produces the same error message. All of the problems persist in Internet Explorer and if I attemp with my wife's laptop.

To log in on my new account I also must invoke the "Private Browsing" function but have no problem logging in after that using the same procedure. My son was over last night and although he was unable to detect the exact problem he concluded that it is a "cookie" issue. He disabled the "accept cookies" feature in Firefox and the error messages disappeared, however we could not log in as a "cookie" is needed to do this. Kind of "Catch 22". We deleted all of the cookies and started again with no success. Something is corrupting the "cookie". I have previously deleted all of my cache and browser history as well.

I have been communicating extensively with Mark Jessup but we have been unable to come up with anything. I spoke to my Internet Provider tech person and they told me they don't deal with third party issues.

Hope this is of some help.

Mark Johnston

Ted, one other thing which could have something to do with this. The very first time I attempted to access the new forum I went straight to the home page without issue. The problem did not occur until I attempted to log in. This also happened on my wife's computer. I have a feeling that it was that first attempt to log in that started the issue for me.
By the way, thanks to you and Jim and the others who are trying to get to the bottom of this. MJ.

Mark
'56 Mercury M100
'55 Fairlane Club Sedan

Delta, B.C.
oldcarmark
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Another interesting development.Ted has been trying to figure out why I can't log in under my old ID.Tried various passwords and cleared his browser history.Still nothing.I just changed to my desktop instead of my laptop.Google search Y Blocks forever.When I clicked the link it opened at the new site WITH my old ID without logging in.This is my old ID on this topic.Now if I logout what do I use for a password to get back in?I think I will leave it alone for now.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
oldcarmark2
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

And on my laptop I am back to my alter ego!
Lie on road
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (19 reputation)

Mark, with all of our attempts to log in on our original accounts, the fact that it showed that we were online at the the bottom of the page could mean that we were online but some glitch was stopping us from accessing the contents of the forum. So when you went to log in from another computer you were already logged in. In theory you should be able to log out on the second computer and log back in again, but I will leave that to you.

Another thought, the first time I attempted to login I had no idea that I should be clearing my browser history,cache, cookies etc. If I go into windows and restore my computer settings back to a date prior to my first attempted login and then clear browsing history,cache etc. would that do anything. I won't try it unless someone who knows about restoring settings says its ok. Maybe those who are not experiencing problems had the computer set to clear history automatically.

Mark
'56 Mercury M100
'55 Fairlane Club Sedan

Delta, B.C.
oldcarmark2
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (6 reputation)

Ted has been trying a couple of different passwords with my email address so I am not sure what password I would use to log on if I log off to try it.Going to leave it alone until some bugs are fixed.I would like to log in from my laptop which I use all the time but I cant log in at the moment using my original ID
Jim Wright
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (10 reputation)

For at least some of us, I'm certain the errors have nothing to do with cookies and are a server problem. The error message is pretty clear:

[HttpException (0x80070002): Directory 'C:\DWASFiles\Sites\yblocksforever\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\Globalization\globalization' does not exist. Failed to start monitoring file changes.]

Either a file or directory or some component of the InstantForum.NET software is not installed or configured correctly. I sure appreciate Ted and Jim's attempts to get this sorted out.

Jim
(formerly and hope to once-again be, jrw429)
Lie on road
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Not withstanding all that has been said before, and with great perseverance, I am now able to access the home page of the forum without toggling the Private Browsing function. One step forward.

Mark
'56 Mercury M100
'55 Fairlane Club Sedan

Delta, B.C.
Ted
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

If you can make it this far into the forums as a guest but continue to get an error page when you attempt to log in under your old user account, then try this. Go to the home page (look for this on the upper left of this page) and once there, scroll down to the lower right just under the forum headers and just above ‘Activity’ and look for ‘Delete Cookies’. Press this and then try logging on again.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter