Profile Picture

Need Some Skoolin in Oil Pans on the "Y"s

Posted By Oldmics 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Is a truck rear sump pan interchangeable with a T Bird pan ?

I am under the impression that there are two different truck rear sump pans.

If so what are the differences between truck pans and T Bird pans.Seems I"ve heard the baffle is different in the truck pan and also the drain plug is a different size.Possibly volume of oil?

Who can tell me whats what?

Thanks,Oldmics

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Need Some Skoolin in Oil Pans on the "Y"s By Oldmics ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post the tbird pan is unique to 55-57 birds and thinner in front depth to... By bird55 ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post The sump is in the same place on the truck pan but the contour is... By slumlord444 ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post there are several truck pans.i have seen 4 but theres probley more.the... By 314 ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post Here are pics of the three basic rear sump Y-Block oil pans. As... By Ted ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post Love it Ted, a picture is worth a thousand words! By Jim ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Are you able to measure the lowest point of the middle section on the... By Charles ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post So it appears that a truck pan (even the deep one) could be used in a... By Oldmics ( 12 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ted; Thanks alot for the information and the link to the pictures.... By Rono ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Oldmics, I believe the truck pans are too thick (deep) where it goes... By speedpro56 ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post my truck pan is the same as the centre picture from ted. it has the... By 2721955meteor ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post They say, the fastest way to the brain is through the eyes, Ted is the... By Genuinerod ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post If you are tryin' to add volume to your T bird oil pan it pretty easy... By Doug T ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ted -- I believe I am going to have to modify the front of the rear... By Red_John ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post John . Minimum depth would be 1¼“. That should just barely... By Ted ( 11 Years Ago )
Forum Post here's some pictures of what I had to do to get the truck pan to fit... By willys392 ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post If you are asking me, the deepest part of the truck pan isn't 6" deep,... By willys392 ( 6 Years Ago )
Forum Post The center of the most common truck pan, the 5 quart pan is about 4".... By charliemccraney ( 6 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter