Profile Picture

New Bonneville Race Truck

Posted By 57FordPU 14 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)Supercharged (468 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Y-Guy Charlie:     I think, with the clamped leaf set-up, you can custom "Tune"

by removing or adding clamps. Can't wait to see it finished and

the "LOOKS" it's going to get when you lift the hood!!!!

Keep it up,

Bill

Bill

Pelham,Al

57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
The composite leaf would be great, but if I had the time and funds I would use a 4 link with air bags.

Bill, I have a smile on my face right now just thinking about it.

Charlie Burns Laton, Ca (South of Fresno)

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com
57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Seppo, sometimes it takes me a while for concepts to sink in.  It finally dawned on me that your comment about the "helmet" was the hanging light fixtureHehe.

I had great plans to use the Y-Block Quick Time bell, but have decided to abandon it for now.  I have a good idea of how to modify it to use a Y-Block flywheel and starter, perhaps next year.   Tim set me up with a T-5 adaption to a stock truck bell.  He also modified the throwout bearing to match up the truck clutch arm with a diaphragm clutch type bearing.  I am using the metal on top of the scatter shield to double the width.  Tech has passed me with the 3" band, but with greater speeds expected, they will want more.

It is such a blessing to have a friend like Tim.  If it wasn't for him I would just be a spectator.

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

Hollow Head
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Helmet or hair dryer BigGrin. Anyway, waiting to see that all come together and to be raced. I know, that time will come. Should we start betting you against Tim? Wink

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e3fd9a79-e7c3-47ff-a648-8cd5.jpg Seppo from Järvenpää, Finland
www.hollowheads.net (just click the hole in the head to proceed)
57 ranchwagon
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)Turbocharged (69 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Charlie the truck is looking good. I have been fighting with the install of a quicktime bellhousing on my car finally got it sorted this week. I had to rebuy a new flywheel and there were pretty extensive mods to the block and starter definetly not a bolt on kit as it was sold to me. Quicktime was really helpful prompt with advise and tech support, unfortunately the people who sold it to me use a in house flywheel manufacture and they leave a lot to be desired. I ordered the new wheel from the people quicktime recommend and it looks like its going to work.
mctim64
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
57FordPU (7/7/2011)
It is such a blessing to have a friend like Tim.  If it wasn't for him I would just be a spectator.

Likewise Charlie!  I never would be doing this if it hadn't been for you.  You can ask Kathy if that is a blessing or not. Tongue

(you know Kathy enjoys this almost as much as I do. Wink )

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b1f2e0d6-2566-46b3-b81d-3ff3.jpg   God Bless. Smile  Tim                           http://yblockguy.com/

350ci Y-Block FED "Elwood", 301ci Y-Block Unibody LSR "Jake", 312ci Y-Block '58 F-100, 338ci Y-Block powered Model A Tudor

tim@yblockguy.com  Visalia, California    Just west of the Sequoias

grovedawg
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (256 reputation)Supercharged (256 reputation)Supercharged (256 reputation)Supercharged (256 reputation)Supercharged (256 reputation)Supercharged (256 reputation)Supercharged (256 reputation)Supercharged (256 reputation)Supercharged (256 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Hey Charlie. Just wanted to pop over and say how nice it was to finally meet you in Bonneville this year. Any progress on you truck?

Heber City, UT (15 mins outside of Park City- basically it's in the mountains)

55 Effie
57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks Grovedawg, it was great meeting you too.  It is always nice to put a face together with people on the forum.  Not as much progress on the race truck as I would like, but a little.

Check fitting the cab with the 6" wide scatter shield.

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

57FordPU
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

finishing up the new crossmember to mount the ears of the stock truck bell.  I wished there was a part available for things like this, but it's all made from scratch.  I try to make things removable to give more clearance while removing the engine and trans in one piece.

Driver side

Passenger side

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com

mctim64
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)Supercharged (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Looks good Charlie!  Glad to see you getting back to work, there is some racing to do next summer. Wink

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b1f2e0d6-2566-46b3-b81d-3ff3.jpg   God Bless. Smile  Tim                           http://yblockguy.com/

350ci Y-Block FED "Elwood", 301ci Y-Block Unibody LSR "Jake", 312ci Y-Block '58 F-100, 338ci Y-Block powered Model A Tudor

tim@yblockguy.com  Visalia, California    Just west of the Sequoias

Reading This Topic

Site Meter