Profile Picture

3 speed top loader trans.

Posted By salf100 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)Normally aspirated (47 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hello folks. I'm new to this site and look forward to talking with all of you.  I have a question about my 63 F100's trans.

The truck has the stock 3 spd toploader on the cloumn.  I want to convert to a floor shifter on this trans and heard somthing about using a Jeep top loader shifter or one from a different carUnsure  If not, whats the best universal shifter anyone has used?

The trans is in good shape and I dont want to change it out.  I still have the 292 motor in the truck.  I also need to change out the column which is another reason for the floor shifter. 

Thanks in advance!

1964 F100 292YBlock

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post 3 speed top loader trans. By salf100 ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Sal: I don't know about the Jeep shifter top, but the best... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post There is a Hurst 3 speed shifter out there that is as wimpy as a Mr... By junkyardjeff ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Sorry I wasn't more specific. The one I have is an old '60s... By Hoosier Hurricane ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post I fell for those Chinese Hurst mystery shifters too and no matter how... By Dan in Seattle ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post I do remember a real old issue of "rod and custom I think" that showed... By fairlane bob ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ok Ill keep an eye out for the good Hurst shifter. Now is that one... By salf100 ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Sal. I thought I had what you needed but realized you need one for a... By lowrider ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post I only thought there were good Hurst shifters but found out otherwise... By junkyardjeff ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Oooops, open beak-insert foot. I was assuming external shifters. Just... By Dan in Seattle ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Dan in Seattle, do you have the contact info for that guys shop? I... By salf100 ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post These are pics of a Jeep top shifter in a Ford 3 speed... By 46yblock ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Street Rodder also did write up on the Jeep conversion. Quite a few... By paul2748 ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Sal, what I tripped over is the same as Mike pictured. This guys shop... By Dan in Seattle ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ok, looks like we are getting closer to the mystery......:D I read on... By salf100 ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Make sure you dont buy the 4 speed top, they are similar except for... By aussiebill ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Well, I emailed Street Rodder and they blew me off. Told me they could... By salf100 ( 14 Years Ago )
Forum Post Any word on this Mod...? I have a 64 F100 Custom cab With 292 and 3... By 64crew4x4 ( 13 Years Ago )
Forum Post Street Rodder had a article about using the jeep top cover on a top... By paul2748 ( 13 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter