Profile Picture

Deposits are now being taken for the next run of aluminum heads.

Posted By Ted 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Deposits are now being taken for the next run of aluminum heads.

Author
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 4 days ago

John Mummert is officially taking deposits for the aluminum heads.  If wanting in on the next production run of heads, then now is the time to send in a deposit.  The number of deposits received by John will dictate exactly what the foundry order will be for raw castings.

John Mummert
With regard to pricing ect. We plan to place an order for head castings around the 1st of June. The more deposits we have, the more castings we will order. Deposits of $1,000.00 received before we order castings will result in a final total price of $2049.00 (1000 + 1049) for 2 assembled heads. Orders received after we order castings will be at a higher price.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Oldmics
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Shipping of the heads to the customers location would be additional up and above the base price-I would assume?

Oldmics

Ted
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Oldmics (5/19/2010)
Shipping of the heads to the customers location would be additional up and above the base price-I would assume?
Yes.  Shipping costs are additional.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Oldmics
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

I"m in

Oldmics

John Mummert
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
oldmics, we appreciate the support we have gotten from the Y-Block crowd.

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

Cactus
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (313 reputation)Supercharged (313 reputation)Supercharged (313 reputation)Supercharged (313 reputation)Supercharged (313 reputation)Supercharged (313 reputation)Supercharged (313 reputation)Supercharged (313 reputation)Supercharged (313 reputation)

My check will be to you this week. 

Jan  Urbanczyk  Major USMC Ret.

Bowie Maryland

Jim
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Administrator

Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)Administrator (423 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
John, those heads sure do look GOOD! And 56 HP gain is kinda nice also. Got to see them at Ted's a few weeks ago before he dyno'd them. They will sure spice up a 292.

Jim (site owner)
'56 Club Sedan - Ted Eaton built 429 hp '292/318, '54 Sunliner - stock '302
PF Arcand
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

I have no idea what John M is expecting in the way of initial orders or what is needed to make his considerable investment a viable proposition. Hopefully not, but given the economy it might not be a surprise if orders were less than expected. We know that Frank at Rebop Castings has unfortunately had to scale back considerably his operations building "Y" block parts. So, here's a suggestion if I may, although John may have thought of this already. I suggest that he consider running Ads in the Crown Victoria Association newsletter & with the major early Thunderbird Bird clubs.

Paul
John Mummert
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Paul, response to this point has been good. However, some people having waited since Dove first talked about it in 1995. That's  a lot of pent up demand so I expect it to drop off after the initial surge. Edelbrock experienced this with their 409 heads.

I do get concerned about too much of a good thing. There is a level of demand that we couldn't handle in a timely manner.

Only time will tell when we will need to start looking for other advertizing avenues.

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

pegleg
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Paul,

John and I have discussed this. He expects it to act as he outlined  in his answer. I tried advertising in the Classic Thunderbird magazine and got absolutely NO response. The Thunderbird folks are more interested in original, numbers matching parts than any reproduction pieces. I had a discussion once with one of the stalwarts of the Pennsylvania Club members. He told me that he needed a blower bonnet, but wouldn't buy one of mine because a club member told him that they were shorter and wider than the originals. He told me that a good judge could spot the repo at ten feet. This interesting because the pattern was copies from Hoosier Hurricanes Factory part. You CANNOT tell the difference between them. I finally sold him one after he compared it to an original. But he told me it was close, but HE could tell the difference! They don't operate on facts, only perceptions. If John's heads don't look absolutely original, 99% of the club members won't buy them. Unlike the guys here, they're not going to modify anything that will affect their cars value., 

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter