Profile Picture

Deposits are now being taken for the next run of aluminum heads.

Posted By Ted 14 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Deposits are now being taken for the next run of aluminum heads.

Author
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)Supercharged (323 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
As an under 40 guy myself BigGrin I will have to agree its more a priority issue.  I really want a set but I had to decide on getting a trailer or heads.  The heads would great but hauling the truck to shows and letting people see a Y block with out aluminum heads is better than having the heads and having the truck just sitting in the garage.  I will keep dropping hints to the better half and maybe just maybe fathers day or Christmas will be extra special this year.    

Warsaw, IN
John Mummert
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The comment about age was only an observation about the market base. Actually it was totally expected that there wouldn't be a lot of orders from younger people simply due to the age of the engine.

I wasn't into 50 year old engines when I was in my 20's. Guys in their 20's usually have too many other things to spend their money on and are lucky just to have an old car and keep it running.

The age group that appears to be missing are the 40 somethings. The 2 orders from those under 55 are under 40, I think. But with kids entering college that is a hugh drain on the wallet.

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

Grizzly
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (322 reputation)Supercharged (322 reputation)Supercharged (322 reputation)Supercharged (322 reputation)Supercharged (322 reputation)Supercharged (322 reputation)Supercharged (322 reputation)Supercharged (322 reputation)Supercharged (322 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
charliemccraney (5/29/2010)
No kids and few payments, but I allow myself a limited toy fund and need to spend it wisely.
I'm holding out to see how they compare to ported iron heads. But ultimately, I'll probably wait to see how people modify them and how well they hold up for use with superchargers and turbos, at which point the decision will be made.

I'm with you Charlie whilst I'm sure every effort has been made to ensure an excellent product. I know that the next run will correct issues with the first.

There will be information gained on installation, use, porting, timing, tuning etc, etc. One of my biggest cost will be freight to Australia. I'll get them right then ship.   

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/41f30774-424d-428d-9c7a-e351.jpg Grizzly (Aussie Mainline)

Fordy Guy
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (106 reputation)Supercharged (106 reputation)Supercharged (106 reputation)Supercharged (106 reputation)Supercharged (106 reputation)Supercharged (106 reputation)Supercharged (106 reputation)Supercharged (106 reputation)Supercharged (106 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I honestly want a new set of JM heads, but I want a great engine under it too, so until I can recuperate from the buildup (and teardown) of this 73 Gran Torino Sport that I wish I would never have started, I will just have to wait. They say good things come with patience so I will get me an engine AND a set of heads some day. I,m only 65 and this is where you find you have more patience than you ever thought possible. I'd add the Torino to my Avatar, but it's not a Y, just a 351 4V cleveland. 

Bud in Northern Arizona on route 66 in Winslow (standin' on the corner)

If you're American, buy American

631/2 Galaxie 500XL 406   55 T-Bird

mr.uglyduckling
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)Supercharged (88 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
hey now just because we are young doesnt mean we are punks. also as soon as i get the funds together john can expect to be hearing from me about his heads and his intake. HOW ABOUT THEM APPLES?Tongue

"young bucks bring fresh ideas sometimes they work sometimes they dont but all the same it was an idea it wasnt the first it wont be the last either!"
unibodyboy
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)Supercharged (128 reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I would imagine i'm one of the younger guys on this board at 25.  I've been running my Y block since 19.  Although the GI bill is great, and we've made it through 3 undergraduate degrees with no debt, graduate school is keeping us a bit on the poor side.  It will take time, but i'm sure an orders will begin to come from younger guys.  John, I know it would cut into profits a bit, but might you consider becoming an Alliance member on the HAMB? 

My other idea is we could all pitch in and support a set of heads for Charlie that would allow him to set a much higher record in the brick.  Just a thought. 

My name is Greg and I am addicted to Y's.

charliemccraney
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
No kids and few payments, but I allow myself a limited toy fund and need to spend it wisely.

I'm holding out to see how they compare to ported iron heads. But ultimately, I'll probably wait to see how people modify them and how well they hold up for use with superchargers and turbos, at which point the decision will be made.

Lawrenceville, GA
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
John:

I think part of the age thing is that the post 55s are no longer making house and car payments and raising kids, so there may be a little more money available for their toys.  I'm sure glad that I'm no longer raising and educating my four kids.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg

Oldmics
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
John Mummert (5/28/2010)

I did notice in looking at the list of people making deposits that I could only identify 2 as being under 55 years old.

Somebodys gotta show those young punks the future-Might as well be the  elder "Y" Block crowd Wink

Oldmics

PF Arcand
Posted 14 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Getting back to Frank's comments: I tend to be somewhat of a purist myself,( my 57 car is on a stock collector license plate, where mod's other than safety related are frowned on) however while I'm not a T. Bird expert, I have seen as recently as late last summer, what are apparently original or restored Birds, several in fact, that aren't original in the carburation & distributor areas. My point being that there indignation at using non original parts seems to be selective. And given that some parts are getting harder & harder to get, you would think that good repro parts would be welcomed by Bird owners & others. It strikes me that maybe some of these people need to give their heads a shake...

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter