Profile Picture

Latest update?

Posted By yehaabill 15 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)Supercharged (980 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi John,

I applaud your patience in this project. Will the new intake be available for us Tbird owners along with the taller version?

57 Black Tbird 312/auto

John Mummert
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Regarding the heads: it has become obvious that while we can produce the heads with the equipment we have here we cannot produce them efficiently. I have been talking to Edelbrock for over a year about having them machine the heads. It seemed that we would be able to do them quick enough to keep up but I have finally realized we can't.

So... The heads will be machined by Edelbrock for the foreseeable future. We have the castings, they need to make fixtures and write machining program. Hopefully this change will make the heads readily available in the near future.

Regarding intake manifolds, the changeover to the Edelbrock foundry is complete. Castings were made late last week. Will pick them up Wednesday or early next week. This is a large run of manifolds and should end the wait for quite a while.

Thanks to all for your patience

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

1955mainline
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
thanks hope to have it all done for spring.......

1955 mainline 2-door p-code 292 4v 3 speed od. former virginia state sergent police car. all black
5d6fairlane
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (175 reputation)Supercharged (175 reputation)Supercharged (175 reputation)Supercharged (175 reputation)Supercharged (175 reputation)Supercharged (175 reputation)Supercharged (175 reputation)Supercharged (175 reputation)Supercharged (175 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Ordered some parts this week and  was told some time in Janurary.
1955mainline
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)Normally aspirated (38 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
has anyone talked to john lately? i have been on the list since july for heads and a intake, just didnt want to bother him with a annoying call about when to expect them

thanks guys

john

1955 mainline 2-door p-code 292 4v 3 speed od. former virginia state sergent police car. all black

bird55
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)Supercharged (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Welcome aboard Joe, update your profile if you don't mind or at least tell us where you are located. Thanks

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8028aa4-f8f9-4981-9e51-4428.jpg
       A  L  A  N   F  R  A  K  E  S   ~  Tulsa, OK    

Joe-JDC
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Guilty.  Been using JDC on my porting for 40 years.   Joe-JDC.

JDC
PF Arcand
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Joe: If you don't mind me asking are you the Head Porter mentioned in Y-Block Magazine a few issues back?. If I recall you volunteered to do a set experimentally for a subscriber, based on a discussion on the F.E. block forum? He was pleased with the results as I recall..

Paul
Joe-JDC
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Thanks for the welcome, John.  Nice heads and intakes.  I am very familiar with  most ford products since I built my first 292 back in 1962, a '56 Fairlane Victoria 2 dr hardtop, blue and white, padded dash/visors, automatic, and it was the car I dated my wife of 46 years in.  Wish I had it back!  I am retired USAF, aircraft crew chief on fighters, and master instructor on aircraft maintenance.  After retiring, I went back to college and got another degree in Automotive Technology, and specialized in Ford engines, C-4/6 transmissions, and suspension/driveline.  That was so I could race my own '69 Mach I, and do the maintenance and engines/trans/differentials myself.  I started porting my own heads and intakes back in 1972, and worked with several major shops over the years porting for them.  I have my own SF-600, and porting booth, since 1994, and I am now retired.  Just help some old customers as needed, and time allows.  I am pleased with how your heads have performed for folks, and I hope to acquire a set soon.  Joe-JDC.

JDC
Allezw
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Time Poster

First Time Poster (1 reputation)First Time Poster (1 reputation)First Time Poster (1 reputation)First Time Poster (1 reputation)First Time Poster (1 reputation)First Time Poster (1 reputation)First Time Poster (1 reputation)First Time Poster (1 reputation)First Time Poster (1 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Hi! A friend of mine sent this link along. I got into the Y Blocks with my '56 half-ton and its 272.

I read the bit about valve train oiling and the lack of a good solution for using stud mounted rockers.

Remember those old oilers that tapped into the oil pressure port and ran a copper tube up to a hollow rocker cover hold down that provided an alternate path for lube oil to the rocker shaft when a cam bearing moved or just crud from infrequent oil changes blocked the top end oiling.

My solution was a bit different. Back in '58, I built a manifold that fitted inside the rocker covers and used the original oil supply drilling in each head with the tubing fitted so that it was pressed into the now available feed port when you installed the covers, fitting like the 223 Fords. I used Chevy rockers and special push rods. The studs were mounted to a Blanchard ground plate that bolted to the original rocker pads and under longer head bolts. The 1/4" steel tubing for the distribution manifold was brazed to the rocker cover and had holes drilled to spray oil onto the rocker's pushrod end after I drilled a hole directly above the pushrod seat on the rocker. That made certain the pushrod end and socket had lube.

It worked, though it was funny to read about the then Sacramento based [font=Times New Roman][size=4][/size][/font]Capital Speed Shop's Chevy small block that ran an experimental shaft rocker system. It was called the Glass Slipper and had a fully enclosed cockpit. Jet black and gorgeous.

Seems hot rodders can't leave anything alone, unable to leave anything the way it was.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter