Profile Picture

First start

Posted By B-rad 2 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 days ago
I understand that an engine should be pre lubed before the first start after a rebuild but if the mechanic that rebuilt the engine used whatever they use, some kind of grease on all the parts, wouldn't that be good enough? A friend of mine said that he has rebuilt a number of engines with the grease stuff and started them as is and never had an issue. It seems like a pain to do the pre lube if it's still greased up. But I don't want to waste 5k on a rebuild. Would pouring oil over the rockers and letting it drain down help some?

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post First start By B-rad ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post There are multiple reasons to prelube. One is to ensure that the oil... By charliemccraney ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post The length of time that an engine sits after being rebuilt before... By Ted ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Is like to hook up an oil pressure gauge while I'm spinning the oil... By B-rad ( Last Week )
Forum Post Any of the plugs that are on the side oil line. You don't have to... By paul2748 ( Last Week )
Forum Post I'm not sure if understand . The side oil line. Plugs? Do you mean... By B-rad ( Last Week )
Forum Post [quote][b]B-rad (10/6/2024)[/b][hr] I'm not sure if I understand . The... By Ted ( Last Week )
Forum Post I see that the oil pump shaft is not centered in the hole in the... By B-rad ( 2 Weeks Ago )
Forum Post I use a 1/4 drive deep socket on an extension with speed wrench (3/8... By paul2748 ( Last Week )
Forum Post [quote][b]KULTULZ (10/7/2024)[/b][hr]...Interesting. Why a dry filter... By Ted ( 2 Weeks Ago )
Forum Post " There’s no mess or spillage when installing the filter when it’s... By KULTULZ ( Last Week )
Forum Post I must've had a brain fart.... By B-rad ( Last Week )
Forum Post Ted wrote - I prelube the engines using a speed handle and... By KULTULZ ( Last Week )
Forum Post On the Ford Y, you will find the sending unit for the oil pressure... By Ted ( Last Week )
Forum Post Is this the sending unit? Is there an easy way to test it while it's... By B-rad ( Last Week )
Forum Post If it’s for a light, just check it with an ohm meter for continuity.... By Ted ( Last Week )
Forum Post Is this the oil pressure sending unit? It seems to be just a tad too... By B-rad ( Last Week )
Forum Post Yes, that is the sending unit for the oil pressure gauge in the dash.... By alanfreeman ( Last Week )
Forum Post What's the condenser first? What foes it hook up to? By B-rad ( Last Week )
Forum Post [quote][b]B-rad (10/10/2024)[/b][hr] What's the condenser for? What... By Ted ( Last Week )
Forum Post Ok. So the threads were screwed up on the sending unit. I tried to fix... By B-rad ( Last Week )
Forum Post ½” NPT sounds too big for an oil sending unit hole in the block. I... By Ted ( Last Week )
Forum Post I've seen a lot of sending units with 1/8" threads, unless that's the... By B-rad ( Last Week )
Forum Post This seems to be what is in it now - Where the terminal... By KULTULZ ( Last Week )
Forum Post Just like it but mine has a rivet. Does that make a... By B-rad ( Last Week )
Forum Post [quote][b]B-rad (10/12/2024)[/b][hr] Just like it but mine has a... By KULTULZ ( Last Week )
Forum Post Is that one for sale? By B-rad ( Last Week )
Forum Post I'm seeing a lot of sendors online that say thread 1/8 npt. Anyone... By B-rad ( Last Week )
Forum Post The sensor you have is almost certainly 1/8” NPT. Most oil pretty... By miker ( Last Week )
Forum Post So would another sensor work on my car, if it's designed for a gauge,... By B-rad ( Last Week )
Forum Post Trying to retap a nipple that short can be a challenge, and I don’t... By miker ( Last Week )
Forum Post You have a 1954 LINC - 317CI. Does it have an oil pressure gauge or... By KULTULZ ( Last Week )
Forum Post Gauge By B-rad ( Last Week )
Forum Post I looked at the threads and they just needed a little filing. It went... By B-rad ( Last Week )
Forum Post If the filing was just to get it started, the threads that seal it are... By miker ( Last Week )
Forum Post [QUOTE]I looked at the threads and they just needed a little filing.... By KULTULZ ( Last Week )
Forum Post ... By B-rad ( Last Week )
Forum Post [img]http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82505dfb-4b38-4e... By B-rad ( 8 days ago )
Forum Post ... By B-rad ( 8 days ago )
Forum Post THANX! for posting the nos. I cannot cross it over. It is an... By KULTULZ ( 8 days ago )
Forum Post Maybe the condenser was to avoid radio interference??? By alanfreeman ( Last Week )
Forum Post [quote][b]alanfreeman (10/14/2024)[/b][hr] Maybe the condenser... By KULTULZ ( 7 days ago )
Forum Post That particular oil pressure sender has a contact on a bimetal strip... By FORD DEARBORN ( 7 days ago )
Forum Post Ford Dearborn, if I’m reading that correctly, Lincoln also used the... By miker ( 7 days ago )
Forum Post IF King Seeley is the contact/heater device in the sender then I would... By FORD DEARBORN ( Last Week )
Forum Post This link is to a very old post about the King Seeley’s. Some of the... By miker ( 6 days ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter