Profile Picture

First start

Posted By B-rad 2 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 days ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 days ago
This link is to a very old post about the King Seeley’s. Some of the drawings seem to have been lost to time, and there was a more extensive post on adjustments I’ve never been able to track down. Appreciate Ford “bought out” these gauges, and when I was looking for them the most active sites where Jeep/Willy’s for info and rebuilders

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic22135-1.aspx

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
FORD DEARBORN
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
IF King Seeley is the contact/heater device in the sender then I would say yes. I know the big change was in 1957 but even the 56 Lincoln car used the contact/heater method in the fuel sender. I would think that when 12 volts came about in 56 the senders were probably calibrated differently. This method was also used in the trucks, at least according to my 54/55 truck WSM so it must have been a Ford instrumentation design across the board until 1957.  In '57,  a voltage regulator for the instruments was incorporated putting stability into the system and simplifying components.  This is just my understanding of the subject so hopefully others may have additional information to add. 

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
miker
Posted 7 days ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Ford Dearborn, if I’m reading that correctly, Lincoln also used the King Seeley gauges?

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
FORD DEARBORN
Posted 7 days ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
That particular oil pressure sender has a contact on a bimetal strip with a fine wire wound around it. That design was used through '55 and possibly '56. As oil pressure increased, a diaphragm increased force on the contact which caused an increase in current thus further heating the bimetal strip enough to cause the contact to open/close again. The same current flowed through the bimetal device in the gauge which moved the pointer accordantly.  As stated above, condensers were used as noise filters on ignition and charging systems that had operating contacts also. AM radios picked up a lot of electrical noise in those days. I'm not sure at this time, but those noise suppressor caps had a similar value as an ignition cap.  I'll see if I can find that information. 

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
KULTULZ
Posted 7 days ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
alanfreeman (10/14/2024)

Maybe the condenser was to avoid radio interference???

Correct, but it will usually be in either the ignition and/or charging system.

alanfreeman
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (834 reputation)Supercharged (834 reputation)Supercharged (834 reputation)Supercharged (834 reputation)Supercharged (834 reputation)Supercharged (834 reputation)Supercharged (834 reputation)Supercharged (834 reputation)Supercharged (834 reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Maybe the condenser was to avoid radio interference???
KULTULZ
Posted 8 days ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)

THANX! for posting the nos.

I cannot cross it over. It is an ENGINEERING PN. Need a FORD PN INTERCHANGE MANUAL and I do not have one.

Sill wondering why a suppressor on the circuit.

B-rad
Posted 8 days ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)

I think it says
45-85036-1
FDC 108701

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
B-rad
Posted 8 days ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)Supercharged (799 reputation)

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
KULTULZ
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I looked at the threads and they just needed a little filing. It went right into the block. Golden. It's gonna be a pain trying to get a wrench on it with the filter and oil pump right there.

Remove the filter so you can get to it easily.

Most likely, FORD offered a SPECIAL SERVICE TOOL (bent crows-foot) to get at it while in the chassis. 
If there was one, it will be shown in the WSM.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter