Profile Picture

58 F600 Turbo EFI 292 pictures

Posted By 58F600 2 Months Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Been building this for my wife. It's her grandpa's old farm truck. We wanted to make it reliable and fun. Dont copy this as it was just for fun. It'll probably make 215hp. But it'll make fun turbo noises. We have to tidy up the wiring but it's getting close.

Details as follows

Stock rebuilt 62 292. C1TE heads

Sniper 2bbl EFI

Holley Hyperspark distributor modified for YBF.

Holley HyperSpark Coil and CDI box

Walbro 255lph pump in tank.

Ebay radiator, intercooler and BOV

Vintage Air compressor and alternator bracket

Powermaster 160amp 12si. 2.125" pulley, runs aux off the A/c Compressor to increase idle amperage stability. So far 14.6v with all systems on 650rpm

Turbo kit we built from a SBC kit off eBay. Stainless 3/8" Header flanges. All back purged and Tig welded and passavated.

Turbo kit, Turbo and EFI went into our luggage and flown out here with us to Eastern Oregon to install at Grandpa's farm.

My dad drove down and helped a ton, replacing the entire brake system while I worked the engine side of things. Her brother did some welding in the cab and cousins helped on other parts.

The LB on the valve covers is Grandpas brand.

First show is this weekend, then driving the 2500ish miles back to Tennessee.

KULTULZ
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 34 minutes ago
There is an awful lot of talent/skill going on there ...

If I may -

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/6ae53ba7-d65c-4efd-bcd1-b378.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/60dab278-df2e-42da-b238-6f78.jpg

How is the exhaust done, especially the turbo mounting?

58F600
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)Supercharged (253 reputation)

That's beautiful!!

I thought the core support needed some extra braces from the firewall, I'll have to find those for her truck.

Turbo kit pictures. These were during the build up in Tennessee a couple weeks ago. We did change the turbo adapter mount to a shorter one, had to bring the cross over closer to the pan and drop the horizontal "tail pipe" portion of the down pipe down a little. Out mock up engine was close, but just a little different. Thanks to those on this site that helped with some measurements!

KULTULZ
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)Supercharged (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 34 minutes ago

!!! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL !!!

Deyomatic
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (722 reputation)Supercharged (722 reputation)Supercharged (722 reputation)Supercharged (722 reputation)Supercharged (722 reputation)Supercharged (722 reputation)Supercharged (722 reputation)Supercharged (722 reputation)Supercharged (722 reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Very cool.  Have you taken it for a spin, yet?  Curious how well it works.  When you get safely back to TN are you going to increase boost?
miker
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Nicely done. That should haul enough mash over the mountains and back to the still to pay for the trip.

Seems to me you’re going over a high pass. Highest I’ve had the motorhome was 9300+ at red mountain mt. Would have been nice to have the turbo up there. Enjoy the trip.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
58F600
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Deyomatic (8/22/2024)
Very cool.  Have you taken it for a spin, yet?  Curious how well it works.  When you get safely back to TN are you going to increase boost?

Just backed it out of the shop tonight. Need to get the gas pedal hooked up and we seem to have a brake dragging. Should be driving it Friday. The engine work was part of a mini make over that included an entire new brake system and interior refresh.

No plans to increase boost ever. 5psi would be perfect. We do plan to use it as a dump truck.
58F600
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

miker (8/22/2024)
Nicely done. That should haul enough mash over the mountains and back to the still to pay for the trip.

Seems to me you’re going over a high pass. Highest I’ve had the motorhome was 9300+ at red mountain mt. Would have been nice to have the turbo up there. Enjoy the trip.

I'm hoping we get to do the passes in Southern Colorado on the way home. They have been getting hit hard with flooding along that route and many are washed out. 3 we are looking to cross are 12k+ so the turbo will certainly be a nice upgrade even crawling in 1st gear.
58F600
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

KULTULZ (8/22/2024)

!!! ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL !!!

Thank you sir!
58F600
Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Deyomatic (8/22/2024)

First drive was a mixed bag. We have an EMI issue to track down. When it run correctly, it runs really good!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter