Profile Picture

Priming rebuilt motor before initial startup

Posted By B-rad 3 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 3 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (749 reputation)Supercharged (749 reputation)Supercharged (749 reputation)Supercharged (749 reputation)Supercharged (749 reputation)Supercharged (749 reputation)Supercharged (749 reputation)Supercharged (749 reputation)Supercharged (749 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I'm getting closer to starting my 317 for the first time since the rebuild. I'm trying to find out how to get it primed with oil before cranking it up. I did swap out the dizzy and oil pump for a newer setup so I can run a different carb. I read somewhere to fill it with oil and spin it around on the stand to get oil everywhere. I'm thinking that's all it will do, get oil everywhere. I know there's a way to spin the dizzy or oil pump somehow to move the oil from the pan thru everything. Just don't know how.
I just got the tranny back from the shop. They had it for almost 18 months but it's done. Should I hook the tranny and engine together before I prime it or doesn't that matter? Since it will still be a few weeks away, I should wait until just before starting it before priming it, right?

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri

Reading This Topic

Site Meter