Profile Picture

Coil recommendation

Posted By Marc 2 Months Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 2 Months Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Looking for recommendations for a good coil to use with a TSP distributor. 
Also, am I correct in assuming the ballast resistor is not required with this setup?

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Coil recommendation By Marc ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post What does the info on the distributor literature say ? . Does it... By paul2748 ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Use a 0.6 ohm coil and a solid 12 volts to the positive side of the... By Ted ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post I bought a Fast PS50 coil to use with my CRT electronic distributor.... By 55blacktie ( 2 Months Ago )
Forum Post Paul, the documentation on the TSP website calls for the use of a... By Marc ( Last Month )
Forum Post [quote]I've also seen reports of coil failures, mostly oil... By KULTULZ ( Last Month )
Forum Post There have been almost as many opinions regarding epoxy-filled vs... By 55blacktie ( Last Month )
Forum Post I've had my trusty stock oil-filled coil mounted horizontally as long... By Marc ( Last Month )
Forum Post Same here. And as far as an internal resistor, most electronic... By paul2748 ( Last Month )
Forum Post The idea of improving performance is the use of newer technology, not... By KULTULZ ( Last Month )
Forum Post By all means, read the instruction sheet for your TSP/CRT or any other... By 55blacktie ( Last Month )
Forum Post ... i know i am going to regret this ... [b][u]PREVIOUS QUOTE[/u][/b]... By KULTULZ ( Last Month )
Forum Post The Pertronix II does not require a resistor. I don't know what coil... By paul2748 ( Last Month )
Forum Post Pertronix ll & lll Ignitors, TSP/CRT, and other electronic... By 55blacktie ( Last Month )
Forum Post [quote]... i know i am going to regret this ...[/quote] :laugh: The... By Marc ( Last Month )
Forum Post Marc, look up your distributor on TSP's website. You'll find that it... By 55blacktie ( Last Month )
Forum Post Thanks 55. Took me a while to find the diagram you're referring to on... By Marc ( Last Month )
Forum Post Can anyone tell me exactly why a resistor is used in a Kettering... By Saltshaker ( Last Month )
Forum Post The voltage system puts out too much power for the coil and points,... By 55blacktie ( Last Month )
Forum Post Saltshaker, besides being too much current through the coil and points... By FORD DEARBORN ( Last Month )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter