Profile Picture

‘54 Lincoln Distributer Advance —Part Number?

Posted By WYEDelta Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (113 reputation)Supercharged (113 reputation)Supercharged (113 reputation)Supercharged (113 reputation)Supercharged (113 reputation)Supercharged (113 reputation)Supercharged (113 reputation)Supercharged (113 reputation)Supercharged (113 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Original Load-Matic vacuum advance canister leaks. Does anyone have a Part Number I can use as a reference at Napa Auto Parts?
55blacktie
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)Supercharged (2.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You're not likely to get a replacement at Napa.
WYEDelta
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (113 reputation)Supercharged (113 reputation)Supercharged (113 reputation)Supercharged (113 reputation)Supercharged (113 reputation)Supercharged (113 reputation)Supercharged (113 reputation)Supercharged (113 reputation)Supercharged (113 reputation)

Might you have a recommendation on where to source?
KULTULZ
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
R U SURE it is a '54 DIST?

1954 - FAD 12370-A

WYEDelta
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Yes It’s the original ‘54 Load-Matic 12127A 422 EDD.

Picture 1 ---Dizzy in Engine
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/8fe64206-b833-4c72-905c-03b0.jpg

Picture 2 ---'54 Distributer on Left, Rebuilt '57 Distributer on Right (w/Mechanical advance) The '57 will eventually replace the '54 once I have the intermediate shaft to oil pump (Melling IS-60A). Meanwhile I'd like to change the '54 Vacuum canister if someone has a lead on where I can buy it.....?Thanks.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1d5eb383-39d0-4a6d-b3bb-b529.jpg

KULTULZ
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

FDA 12370-A is the LINC PN for 1954.

Even if you found one NOS would the diaphragm be good? If you substituted something close would it t operate correctly with the 1954 LOAD-O-MATIC DIST calibration?

Possibly STANDARD IGNITION but what is the demand for a one year application LYB?

I feel your pain.

Possibly This Source Can Help - https://www.lincolnoldparts.com/

paul2748
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Aren't the Lincoln distributors the same as the Fords/  I thought I heard this.  If so, would the 54/55 vacuum unit fit? I don't know if these any more available than a Lincoln though.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

KULTULZ
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Aren't the Lincoln distributors the same as the Fords/  I thought I heard this.  If so, would the 54/55 vacuum unit fit? I don't know if these any more available than a Lincoln though.

I don't know (scuttle butt says yes, but who knows?).

The BASE ENG PN (CASTING ID NO) for a DIST HSG is 12143. If you could get this complete CASTING ID NO off both a LYB and FYB DIST, it would be certain. And then you have main shaft design, drive gear changeover and who knows what else? If he pulled the vacuum advance off, he could compare it with a FYB canister image found online.

Now would the FYB advance unit calibration be the same (differing PN's)? Who do we know that works on and can calibrate a LOM DIST these days?

WYEDelta
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thus far I'm having zero luck finding any VC for a 53-56 Ford or Lincoln. I'd settle for any VC that pulls in some advance (ideally 10-12 degrees above 7"Hg ). The one I have must have a big tear ---I tried pulling a vacuum on it with a handheld Mighty Vac to no avail. The canister has no markings but measures 3.7" diameter. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/39e7753b-14ea-478c-a8f9-ccca.jpg
BTW, the engine was running very hot. Think I finally figured out why ----zero vacuum advance so it's running retarded (lugging along on initial timing of 14 degrees). Can't verify until I fix the VC.
miker
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

A shot in the dark. You know the 57 up ford y distributor fits and works with a drive gear change and the oil pump drive, right? So at least the body casting is common. Maybe try the vacuum can from a 54 Ford/Merc (239/256) or a 55 272/292.

They may not be perfect with your 54, or exactly right for your carb, but probably close and a lot better than a leaker with no advance.

There’s a guy on the ford barn, scicala, who rebuilds the carbs and has an excellent reputation. A post over there might get some response as to what might work enough to get you by.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter