Profile Picture

Re: Strange 292 head problem

Posted By KULTULZ Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago

- ASKING FOR A FRIEND -

[QUOTE=metro1;2268638]

I removed the heads from another engine and had them reworked at the machine shop. I was installing them today and ran into something I had not experienced before. On the drivers side head the top holes in the head do not exactly line up with the threaded holes in the block. The bolts drag against the front of the holes in the head. I tried it back on the old engine and the same thing. It must be bored wrong. The bolts will go in but the drag will make torqueing it incorrect. I am using ARP bolts which have a smaller shaft diameter except for the top 5/16 so they only scrape there. At this point I could shave a few thousands off of the top part of the bolts but I really don't want to do that. I guess I could open up the front top of the holes in the head. Has anyone ever ran into this?

THREAD SOURCE - https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2268638[/quote]

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Re: Strange 292 head problem By KULTULZ ( Last Year )
Forum Post If the head sits on the dowels correctly I would slightly enlarge the... By DryLakesRacer ( Last Year )
Forum Post I run into this when angle milling the heads. At a 2° angle change,... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post - THANK YOU GENTLEMEN! - Didn't need to hear about the intake not... By KULTULZ ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]KULTULZ (11/10/2023)[/b][hr] Didn't need to hear about the... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post Kultulz said that the bolts drag on the front side of the holes. That... By Hoosier Hurricane ( Last Year )
Forum Post I wanna thank you guys again. If this happened to me I would have had... By KULTULZ ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]Hoosier Hurricane (11/11/2023)[/b][hr]Kultulz said that the... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post Kultulz. It would be good to know what the head casting number is.... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post 10-4. Let me see if I can get it. It belongs to a poster over@... By KULTULZ ( Last Year )
Forum Post HE POSTED - The numbers I see are ECL6090 with an "A" over top of... By KULTULZ ( Last Year )
Forum Post While I have all the expert FYB people gathered, there is one more... By KULTULZ ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]KULTULZ (11/11/2023)[/b][hr]HE POSTED- The numbers I see are... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post Good question. The experts (Mummert & Eaton) told me to measure the... By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post Ted, does the same +/- 0.001 also apply to ECZ-G heads? By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]55blacktie (11/12/2023)[/b][hr] Ted, does the same +/- 0.001... By Ted ( Last Year )
Forum Post Thank You for sharing that info Ted ... By KULTULZ ( Last Year )
Forum Post Thanks, Ted. By 55blacktie ( Last Year )
Forum Post [quote][b]55blacktie (11/12/2023)[/b][hr] Thanks, Ted.... By 2721955meteor ( Last Year )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter