Profile Picture

Flywheel ring gear

Posted By cos Last Year
Rated 3 stars based on 1 vote.
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Hello Members  Having a devil of a time finding flywheel ring gear for stick trans. Order from 2 different parts houses. NAPA was NA.  Both were Pioneer brand FRG-146NC. It was clear that ID was to small on first one. Order another one different store. Same brand same problem. E-mailed problem to pioneer me send back specs. 14.774 OD and 13.352 ID, 146 Th. OD and TH count was about right but I did come  up with more ID dia. Near as I can measure the mounting diameter on flywheel is 13.47OD. Made a rod  13.47 long and heated ring to over 500 degrees and check expandation , maybe a few thousands not even close to fitting. Ring width  top of tooth to ID of ring is .723 on new and ..660 on old .063 wider on new. I  don't have a Mic and bore gauge that big  to make exact  measurements . Anyone know of a different supplier, maybe even a USA one. Thanks  for any help. Cos
cos
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)Supercharged (395 reputation)

edited first post
darrell
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
carpenter has one for 40.00 it says 146 teeth o.d.14 13/16 inside13 3/4
cos
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Hello Members  Thought I would pass this along for anyone changing a std trans flywheel ring gear.  After hours of measuring,  research and phone calls to Pioneer tech
they give a phone number.  Called AL told him  my trouble, before I say anything he said  ID to small. YIP.  Said he has them and would take care of me. Also  he does not take credit cards,  just send him  a check when it gets here. Everybody I called sells Pioneer brand  FRG-146NC  gear. I bought 3 from different stores thinking it was fluke deal. Was making plans to have flywheel cut make it fit PIA.  Tech  guy refused to hear what I was saying.  I did notice on flywheel boxes there was a lot of white out stickers I think they were returned before. Any way ALs number is 715 6773809 great guy most likely a friend of Y-Blockers.
1946international
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I ran into this problem 4 or 5 years ago, all the ring gears were too small. I was not as lucky as you to find the correct one so I bolted my too small gear to a rotary table and milled out the inside dia to make it fit. Thanks for solving this problem and posting it up for all to see.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter