Flywheel ring gear

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic164209.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By cos - Last Year
Hello Members  Having a devil of a time finding flywheel ring gear for stick trans. Order from 2 different parts houses. NAPA was NA.  Both were Pioneer brand FRG-146NC. It was clear that ID was to small on first one. Order another one different store. Same brand same problem. E-mailed problem to pioneer me send back specs. 14.774 OD and 13.352 ID, 146 Th. OD and TH count was about right but I did come  up with more ID dia. Near as I can measure the mounting diameter on flywheel is 13.47OD. Made a rod  13.47 long and heated ring to over 500 degrees and check expandation , maybe a few thousands not even close to fitting. Ring width  top of tooth to ID of ring is .723 on new and ..660 on old .063 wider on new. I  don't have a Mic and bore gauge that big  to make exact  measurements . Anyone know of a different supplier, maybe even a USA one. Thanks  for any help. Cos
By cos - Last Year
edited first post
By darrell - Last Year
carpenter has one for 40.00 it says 146 teeth o.d.14 13/16 inside13 3/4
By cos - Last Year
Hello Members  Thought I would pass this along for anyone changing a std trans flywheel ring gear.  After hours of measuring,  research and phone calls to Pioneer tech
they give a phone number.  Called AL told him  my trouble, before I say anything he said  ID to small. YIP.  Said he has them and would take care of me. Also  he does not take credit cards,  just send him  a check when it gets here. Everybody I called sells Pioneer brand  FRG-146NC  gear. I bought 3 from different stores thinking it was fluke deal. Was making plans to have flywheel cut make it fit PIA.  Tech  guy refused to hear what I was saying.  I did notice on flywheel boxes there was a lot of white out stickers I think they were returned before. Any way ALs number is 715 6773809 great guy most likely a friend of Y-Blockers.
By 1946international - Last Year
I ran into this problem 4 or 5 years ago, all the ring gears were too small. I was not as lucky as you to find the correct one so I bolted my too small gear to a rotary table and milled out the inside dia to make it fit. Thanks for solving this problem and posting it up for all to see.