Profile Picture

Messed up my distributor drive gear

Posted By B-rad Last Year
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
So I was trying to get athe pin outta my 54 Lincoln distributor so I could put it in my 60 292 distributor shaft. It would not budge so I attempted to drill it out. Of course I wasn't aimed right and now the gear is ruined. Been trying to find out the number of the gear to buy but can't find it. If anyone knows the number or has one for sale,please let me know.
I think fab-12390-c is what I need but can't confirm it.

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
FORD DEARBORN
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
You need a distributor gear for a Lincoln Y block, right? I haven's personally verified this but have read on this forum numerous times that a Ford FE gear is the same as the Lincoln Y and those are available.  The most popular FE's are 352 & 390 cid engines.

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
B-rad
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)Supercharged (645 reputation)

I'm putting the 60 fyb distributor in my lyb 317
Is the fe gear 14 or 15 teeth?

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
paul2748
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Try this vendor for a gear:  Distributorgears.com 

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

B-rad
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Nope. They don't have any Lincoln parts

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
DANIEL TINDER
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 2:24:32 AM
B-rad (3/5/2023)
So I was trying to get athe pin outta my 54 Lincoln distributor so I could put it in my 60 292 distributor shaft. It would not budge so I attempted to drill it out. Of course I wasn't aimed right and now the gear is ruined. Been trying to find out the number of the gear to buy but can't find it. If anyone knows the number or has one for sale,please let me know.
I think fab-12390-c is what I need but can't confirm it.

Just curious.  Did you have the proper size pin-driver tool?  I bought one before I rebuilt my Loadomatic, and don’t remember having any trouble getting the pin out (unless maybe just getting it started, as it was likely flush with the gear).

6 VOLTS/POS. GRD. NW INDIANA
B-rad
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

The pin was mushroomed out on both ends. I ground one side down and drilled a small hole in the middle. I don't have the proper tool so I used nails and screws to try to tap it out. Didn't move at all. I decided to just drill the pin outta the gear on both ends and pull the gear off. Did that but saw that I didn't hit the pin exactly and when I punched the remaining pin out I was off enough that the new pin won't hold. I don't have a drill press so I bought a new gear

Brad
Sierra Vista Arizona
1954 Lincoln Capri
mjs
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)Supercharged (199 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
That is the same gear that the 368's use and I confirmed that with my Chasis Catalog.  I when I built my my convertible I had to replace the gear and it crossed over with a 390.  It was available locally.  Try Napa's ECH DG304.  Their catalog shows it fits a 390 and it is readily available.

Dist drive gear

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1d5b145a-1c57-4c0d-8bd1-fba5.jpg
MoonShadow
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
It shouldn't be hard to get a slightly over size pin. Drill the holes straight through or have a shop do it and put in the larger pin.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
62bigwindow
Posted Last Year
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Can't you index the gear and drill a new hole? Or drill oversize and put in a larger pin as suggested.

Durham Missouri

Reading This Topic

Site Meter