Profile Picture

Valley Cover...Time for a PCV

Posted By Deyomatic 2 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (639 reputation)Supercharged (639 reputation)Supercharged (639 reputation)Supercharged (639 reputation)Supercharged (639 reputation)Supercharged (639 reputation)Supercharged (639 reputation)Supercharged (639 reputation)Supercharged (639 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Kultulz,
What is the OEM separator?  Just that big square portion where my brillo pad (I think it's a Big 45 metal cleaner, actually) is?  Or does something go inside the stock one?

KULTULZ
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Deyomatic (12/11/2022)

Kultulz,

What is the OEM separator?  Just that big square portion where my brillo pad (I think it's a Big 45 metal cleaner, actually) is? 

Or does something go inside the stock one?

The OEM SEPARATOR (1961-64) has no media filter element. It diverts the vacuum signal to a cooling tube which hopefully will allow contaminates to fall out of suspension and drain back to the separator/valley cover. FORD redesigned their system(s) on the early FE, MEL and SBF to use a mesh strainer.

If one decided not to use the OEM SEPARATOR/ADAPTER, some type of mesh filtering media should be used (IMO) to trap vapors/particulates before entering the PCV VALVE and combustion chambers.

This is (was) the OEM SEPARATOR -

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/982dcbd9-e54d-4553-80fa-20c4.jpg

PN - C1AE 6A665-G

Refer back to this post for full system description - http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/FindPost162453.aspx

KULTULZ
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

You need to understand that I am a detail nut (CDO - Correct alphabetical order for OCD).

I want everything to appear as FORD, even if it is a performance upgrade. I also want it functional. If it doesn't work, it gets canned.

When I open the hood, it has to appear as OEM ASSY. A man has to maintain a certain level of pride.

NO CHI-COM CARB - CHI-COM GM HEI IGN - INTERSTATE BATTERY - STANT RADIATOR CAP - WORM CLAMPS - AND/OR MR. GASKET AIR CLEANER.

I have seen some gnarly things in my lifetime ... w00t

Richard
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)Supercharged (846 reputation)

KULTULZ
I LIKE YOUR CONSTITUTION. I LIKE TO DO THINGS THAT SOMEONE IN THE LATE FIFTIES WOULD DO.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3c0f1576-3bef-40f1-b0e1-24b.jpeg
DryLakesRacer
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
KULTULZ Since Ford/Mercury used screw type PCV Valves (mine is an original replacement) a V100 can be screwed into a fitting or the base of a carb with 3/8” pipe threads. The feed to the PCV valve would come from the device on the valley cover just as Ford did. I used molded 1/2” hose and a 1/2” aluminum line for my dual quad unit but you can see the idea. I had to cut the hose device to clear my manifold. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2023dc6a-f900-4d77-a7e4-735.jpeghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/c9e1ddf0-1221-441f-b73b-02d.jpeghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/296e2dc3-0556-4831-afff-b22.jpeghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7cb20f91-7613-48b1-81bb-edf.jpeg

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
KULTULZ
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I LIKE THAT ...

Nice workmanship. I had seen that before but didn't know it was on a 2X4 install.

Was the needed adapter mod needed to clear the rear runner(s) on the intake?

Clean setup. The nice thing about the OEM valve was being able to disassemble and clean.

KULTULZ
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Richard (12/11/2022)

KULTULZ

I LIKE YOUR CONSTITUTION. I LIKE TO DO THINGS THAT SOMEONE IN THE LATE FIFTIES WOULD DO.

Trying to keep a correct period appearance is nice, such as yours. Even if you graft a later system into an earlier install, it has to look as an OEM install (to me).

SHOW AND TELL is very important to me.

DryLakesRacer
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Yes, the left side and right rear runners are farther out than the stock 2 or 4 barrel manifold. I probably could have cleared with grommet and a 1/2” diameter tube with a collar welded to it but choose to do this. Not sure on the Blue Thunder or Mummert manifolds. My Blue Thunder has been machined on the right rear to clear the distributor so the my be out farther but also taller. With the air cleaner on nothing is noticeable. I should probably paint the 1/2” tube black. Thanks for the compliment. 

KULTULZ
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks for the compliment ...

THANX for the detail for me to offer the compliment.

DryLakesRacer
Posted 2 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I too like things to look like they were made like the factory might have done it. Most forget a “clean airline” to feed the system. You can see mine from the oil fill tube. Stant offers a breather cap with  hose connection. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7cd56c69-0ca2-4f59-8cd2-133.jpeg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter