Profile Picture

PCV in Rear of Valley Tray

Posted By MattsY 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Anyone ever try one of these adapters to use a PCV valve from the rear breather hole in the valley cover? Yes, it's a road draft conversion for a small block scruby, but it looks like it'll fit nicely!
PF Arcand
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Is that for an in line pcv  ?

Paul
MattsY
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)Supercharged (238 reputation)

Yup, for an inline PCV. This seems very similar to an original Ford part that I'm told is rare and hard to come by.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/8b36ceab-b52a-425a-923d-781f.jpg
56_Fairlane
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I found an original one for mine. I would try one of these if I hadn't found one.

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan 30K original miles
miker
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
I've used these on couple engines. You need to make sure there's a baffle under it, if you've got an aluminum valley pan you have to add one. Otherwise you'll suck a ton of oil.

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/52225/10002/-1

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
30 coupe
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I have a couple of the Ford ones, but they would not work with the Edelbrock 3x2 intake I just put on my car. I ended up modifying the valley pan and used a regular small block ford pcv valve and rubber grommet
darrell
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
ive used them before to make a pcv setup.they are not that hard to find if your in an area with lots of old trucks junked.63 and 64 with a 2 bbl carb had them.not sure if they had any earlier.
MattsY
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I'm using the original valley pan, so it's baffled. I would just use a PCV valve in the hole with a grommet, but the threaded hold down stud for the breather tube is still there and in the way. It knocks out through the bottom and I don't really want to take the manifold off to remove the tray.
darrell
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
any i seen juts screwed out from the top
charliemccraney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
Original was a screw, not a stud.  If it is simply a stud, then it should come out but if the previous owner used loctite to ensure that it doesn't move when tightened or even had a bolt welded to the bottom or something else, then it may not come out very easily.  

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter