Profile Picture

E Code Valley Pan work - had to weld it up!

Posted By Daniel Jessup 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Idea Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday

https://vimeo.com/401130048

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Lord Gaga
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Why didn't you braze it? Easier/Better!

"FREE SAMPLE"
Daniel Jessup
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Lord Gaga (3/27/2020)
Why didn't you braze it? Easier/Better!

Never have brazed anything, not that I don't think I could handle it. I didn't have any brazing stock, and I only have a propane torch - not that you can't braze with a propane torch but the OA I'm sure would be much better. Work with what you got I suppose. 

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

suede57ford
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I brazed a couple I had.  It came out nice as the brass really flowed and sealed it up as well.  I honestly have not done much brass soldering, but the trick to soldering is that the solder(brass) goes to the heat.  So heat the area you want the solder to go and it flows into those spots.  

Pat Fleischman

Daniel Jessup
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I reckon I will have to try that route sometime. At any rate, this oil fill tube will not be coming off this pan anytime soon! w00t

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Daniel Jessup
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Here is the video of the overall fit...

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

Reading This Topic

Site Meter