Profile Picture

aluminum manifold clamps

Posted By 30 coupe 4 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Any one know what John Mummert's aluminum intake manifold clamps sell for?    I looked on his web site price sheet, but did not see a price listed.  Has anyone actually used any of these?    I would like to hear what you think about them.  Thanks, ----Jim
62bigwindow
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I have them on my engine. They work just like they should and look great.

Durham Missouri
Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
While I was not aware of John Mummert offering the aluminum turtles (clamps) for the Ford Y intake manifolds, they are available from Blue Thunder.  For the Blue Thunder Y intakes, the turtles are an extra cost option but I always order them when also ordering the BT intakes.  While I use those aluminum turtles with the BT intakes, I’ve never needed them for use with other Y intake manifolds simply due to having a plentiful supply of oem turtles.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

62bigwindow
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I may have been mistaken on where I got them. I was thinking I got them from John but it's been 5 years since I bought them.

Durham Missouri
charliemccraney
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
The Blue Thunder clamps are cast aluminum with a slight counterbore for a washer.  John does show some cast aluminum clamps on his website.  http://www.ford-y-block.com/accessories.htm 

I had to trim some of the clamps for use with my Blue Thuinder manifold in order for them to work better with the manifold.  Easy to do with a belt or disc sander.  These were produced over 10 years ago so new ones might be different and might not be a problem when used with a stock manifold..

Lawrenceville, GA
Ted
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks Charlie.  While the picture of John’s clamps closely mimic the look of the oem clamps, the Blue Thunder clamps have a different look.  Here’s a picture of the Blue Thunder manifold clamps (turtles).
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/a1d65a21-7560-42fe-ab7e-46f3.jpg 

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

KULTULZ
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/5dbe2e5b-8451-40c7-9098-1576.jpg

30 coupe
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)

Ted, which do you think would work best with an Edelbrock 573 intake?  I am a bit "worried" about the off-set on the Blue Thunder Clamps, although I like the looks of them better.  Thanks for your opinion, it is valuable to me. I still have not found a price listed any where for either, or a source for the Blue Thunder clamps, other than e-bay 
30 coupe
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thank you to every one who responder to my questions.---Jim
oldcarmark
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
Ted (1/22/2020)
While I was not aware of John Mummert offering the aluminum turtles (clamps) for the Ford Y intake manifolds, they are available from Blue Thunder.  For the Blue Thunder Y intakes, the turtles are an extra cost option but I always order them when also ordering the BT intakes.  While I use those aluminum turtles with the BT intakes, I’ve never needed them for use with other Y intake manifolds simply due to having a plentiful supply of oem turtles.

I have an Aluminum Offy but no Clamps. Can I use the Ones that are used on the original Cast Iron Intake or do I need to look for others?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter