Profile Picture

Opinion on motor status 292

Posted By capelo 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.6K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
capelo (5/24/2020)

Ted (5/21/2020)

capelo (5/20/2020)
And about the value with the vacuum gauge for carburettor regularization, what should be the measurement?

There's not a specific value you are aiming for as that's simply due to the fact that all engines are not the same when modifications are thrown into the mix.  Here’s the simplified version for your Summit carburetor.  With the vacuum gauge hooked up to a direct vacuum port (intake manifold or any port located below the carburetor throttle blades) and with the engine fully warmed up and at idle, back out both idle mixture screws for the highest vacuum reading.  If you started with both mixture screws at 1½ turns open from the seated position, then work both screws in or out the same amounts.  Once you have done this and obtained the highest manifold vacuum reading, then slowly screw in each idle mixture screw until the vacuum reading just starts to drop off and then just turn each screw ¼ turn out.

Alright thanks, the final quarter turn is to the right or left

For the idle fuel screw adjustments, ‘out’ is CCW (counter clockwise) and ‘in’ is CW (clockwise).  The idle mixture screws control the amount of fuel going into the engine at idle.  Turning them CW reduces the fuel while turning them CCW increases the amount of fuel.  That final ¼ turn adjustment (CCW) being ‘out’ is opening up the fuel flow some more thus increasing the fuel flow at idle.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

1946international
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)Supercharged (212 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
OK so now take it all back apart and do it again, so we will have something to read!
Joking aside, this has been a GREAT thread, Lots of info, thanks to all that contributed.

DryLakesRacer
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I’ve never seen so many rebuild an engine. But this many reading I sure can understand it..

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
capelo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Ted (5/24/2020)
capelo (5/24/2020)
Is there a better option to connect the throttle?
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/452481b0-c73d-401b-8833-66ac.jpg 

Raising the attachment point where the throttle linkage connects to the carburetor will have the throttle less sensitive or less twitchy when driving the vehicle.  The vehicles are typically easier to drive with the throttle linkage attached higher versus being closer to the pivot point of the throttle shaft.

Hello greetings.
I have modified the hooked a hole higher and I have changed the spring for a slightly softer one, as you say it had no precision in the accelerator it was jumping, now it is much better👍
capelo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)Supercharged (612 reputation)

1946international (5/29/2020)
OK so now take it all back apart and do it again, so we will have something to read!
Joking aside, this has been a GREAT thread, Lots of info, thanks to all that contributed.

thanks, now it's time to do miles👍
capelo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Ted (5/24/2020)
capelo (5/24/2020)

Ted (5/21/2020)

capelo (5/20/2020)
And about the value with the vacuum gauge for carburettor regularization, what should be the measurement?

There's not a specific value you are aiming for as that's simply due to the fact that all engines are not the same when modifications are thrown into the mix.  Here’s the simplified version for your Summit carburetor.  With the vacuum gauge hooked up to a direct vacuum port (intake manifold or any port located below the carburetor throttle blades) and with the engine fully warmed up and at idle, back out both idle mixture screws for the highest vacuum reading.  If you started with both mixture screws at 1½ turns open from the seated position, then work both screws in or out the same amounts.  Once you have done this and obtained the highest manifold vacuum reading, then slowly screw in each idle mixture screw until the vacuum reading just starts to drop off and then just turn each screw ¼ turn out.

Alright thanks, the final quarter turn is to the right or left

For the idle fuel screw adjustments, ‘out’ is CCW (counter clockwise) and ‘in’ is CW (clockwise).  The idle mixture screws control the amount of fuel going into the engine at idle.  Turning them CW reduces the fuel while turning them CCW increases the amount of fuel.  That final ¼ turn adjustment (CCW) being ‘out’ is opening up the fuel flow some more thus increasing the fuel flow at idle.

Thanks👍
capelo
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

DryLakesRacer (5/29/2020)
I’ve never seen so many rebuild an engine. But this many reading I sure can understand it..

Thanks 👍
MoonShadow
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
This is one of the things I love about this group. A rookie Y-Block builder asked weeks worth of basic questions and got advice, tips and suggestion to help complete his project. Now he's on the road and people are helping him work the bugs out. I love you guys!

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
dennis22
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)Supercharged (412 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
MoonShadow (6/1/2020)
This is one of the things I love about this group. A rookie Y-Block builder asked weeks worth of basic questions and got advice, tips and suggestion to help complete his project. Now he's on the road and people are helping him work the bugs out. I love you guys!

I’ll second that!!! I too was a complete beginner a few years back and received great thoughtful advice with no judgment! I’m still a beginner, but now I know my way around a Yblock and managed a successful rebuild thanks to all you guys!
So thank you all too!

Thanks, Dennis.

56 F100 - 272 Y Block
NSW, Australia.

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 4 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
MoonShadow, my exact feelings. I couldn't have put it in better words. Just think if this forum and it's entire membership were able to run the U.S. ................

64F100 57FAIRLANE500

Reading This Topic

Site Meter