Profile Picture

Bellhousing Question

Posted By Vic Correnti 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 15 minutes ago
Jeff,
Since you have Mummert's flywheel, go with a Mustang clutch.  I'm using a Centerforce Dual Friction, which is overkill for my ~300hp engine but the pedal is really light for the amount of power it is supposed to be able to hold.  By comparison, I have a Mcleod in my Firebird, which is supposed to be about a step up from stock, "for bolt on mods," which I take to mean not much more than 300hp, if that and that clutch is noticeably stiffer.

The Dual Friction is toward the higher end for a street clutch but I think it's worth the cost, if the engine produces higher than stock power and you like to be comfortable.

If for your truck, I also suggest going with a hydraulic throwout bearing setup.  I had a lot of trouble using the mechanical linkage with the thinner diaphragm clutch and smaller throwout bearing that I believe was related to the geometry of the clutch fork.  If that is correct, it might also be solved by having an adjustable pivot bolt made.

Lawrenceville, GA
Vic Correnti
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
How is the clutch fork on a car bellhousing held in place? I never needed to do that for a long time until now I am going to a long style pressure plate. I remember maybe a pin of some kind.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Thanks Charlie for the reply. That's what I wanted to see. Center Force dual friction and not too heavy on the pedal. I indeed have a Mustang clutch but I noticed there is slight slipping when pulling fairly hard in 2nd gear.  I assume this is also a Mustang clutch you are running with your T5. Do you know the part number of the kit?  It gets a little overwhelming when trying to select a Mustang clutch as there are so many choices and of course every mfg. claims to be the best. I haven't had any issues with the mechanical clutch linkage, so for now, will leave that alone. I'll now see what Center Force has to offer. Thanks again, JEFF....................

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 15 minutes ago
Yes, it is a Dual Friction for Mustang that I have.  The one I got was DF021048, in 2008, but that part number does not seem to exist anymore.  $309.95 back then.

https://www.summitracing.com/oh/parts/ctf-df021048/overview/

Lawrenceville, GA
suede57ford
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)Supercharged (474 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I use a Mummert Billet Flywheel drilled for Mustang 5.0 Clutch.  I use the Centerforce Dual Friction 5.0 Fox Body Mustang Clutch as well.   I really like it.   Super easy to drive on the street, and just plain sticks at the track with slicks. It's more pedal pressure than a stock clutch, but the extra pressure is not an issue in heavy traffic.  This modern clutch has never chattered and is smooth as silk.   I tried other brands of 5.0 performance clutches, but the CF Dual Friction is by far the best I've had in all aspects. I left the stock return spring on the pedal.

I've tried both the Stock Weight Billet Flywheel and the Lightened Billet Flywheel.   Small cubes(292) with a more aggressive cam you may need the heavy flywheel around town.  Once you go stroker or larger cubes the light version still drives fine but it does rev faster.

Pat Fleischman

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Thanks guys for sharing your experiences with the CF dual friction clutch, like, priceless.  It's on this winter to do list now that I know what works best. Thanks, JEFF..................

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
clutch fork on a car bellhousing held in place? I never needed to do that for a long time until now I am going to a long style pressure plate. I remember maybe a pin of some kind.     

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/5c2130cf-1318-4096-8e67-775d.jpg

Vic Correnti
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)Supercharged (699 reputation)

Thanks for the view of the clutch fork wire retainer, I vaguely remember it. I'll see if I can find one.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7393d096-cbf0-4ed0-bfdc-c4b0.jpg  Vic Correnti

Reading This Topic

Site Meter