Profile Picture

Heater hose connection options

Posted By MoonShadow 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
I'm looking at connecting the heater on my 56. I cannot access the normal connector on the top of the intake because of the supercharger. There is a screw plug on the top side of the water pump. I assume this will have pressure. My other thought is to put an inline adapter in the upper radiator hose to connect the return line. The radiator is aluminum and at some time I could put the heater hoses direct to it with AN fittings. Have any of you found a better way to solve this problem?

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
paul2748
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 49 minutes ago
I can't offer a solution, but if you want to go with the inline thing the early flathheads used such an inline fitting (used in the lower radiator hose) that I am sure is available aftermarket. 

MoonShadow (10/17/2019)
I'm looking at connecting the heater on my 56. I cannot access the normal connector on the top of the intake because of the supercharger. There is a screw plug on the top side of the water pump. I assume this will have pressure. My other thought is to put an inline adapter in the upper radiator hose to connect the return line. The radiator is aluminum and at some time I could put the heater hoses direct to it with AN fittings. Have any of you found a better way to solve this problem?

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

miker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
I’m not sure that’s pressure. I don’t have a plug on my water pump on top, but pressure is out the back and into the block, then the intake and out the thermostat housing. I think the outer perimeter is suction, that’s where the bypass hose goes from below the stat.

Someone will know for sure.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
The pressure side is at the intake manifold behind the thermostat. The return(s) are @ the WP.
Can you post a photo of your intake to see is an elbow will fit?

1957 Shown, but it will give the idea -

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/7a83a155-0aad-4206-a7f0-5f9c.jpg

MoonShadow
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
I took a few pictures today around the water neck. There is a boss when the heater hose pipe would be but its not drilled out and its too close to the supercharger to put one there. Perhaps on the water passage going into the head? Also a picture of the water pump plug. I think this is normally one of the locations for a heater hose connection. Maybe I could put a boss in the water passage and the water pump. 

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

... hmmpf ...

Goes to show I have never seen a SC install before.

There are two ways out as I see it. Is the intake a 57 SC specific? If not (and you would not want to modify an origional), you could put an outlet in the intake manifold front coolant runner (drill and tap w/ fitting), the only problem being without any type of coolant recovery bottle air bubbles may be sucked into the heater core.

You could fashion a tee to put into the WP by-pass hose as the by-pass is behind the thermostat and will send heated water to the core.

The pipe plug you show in the pump housing is suction/return.

I have never seen a SC FYB. Wonder how they did it on the '57?

Cliff
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Google an Edelbrock 257 that should help
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Google an Edelbrock 257 that should help.

BINGO!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/c57b2229-fdfb-41d4-8258-ce15.jpg

EDIT -

If still not enough room for an elbow, this is how it was done on the 57 FORD ECG-D 8V Intake -

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9d66e27d-c5ce-4d4d-b731-ca05.jpg

57RancheroJim
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
The heated water hose goes into the heater core bottom inlet, the heater fills from the bottom, that prevents the air bubble problem, just the opposite of the way a radiator works.
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
Tell the Y-Bloke about that and send pictures so that he can potentially correct that on future castings.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter