Profile Picture

Just Venting

Posted By Jack Groat 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Good. Reminds Me of my own wasted Search. Last Year when I bought this Car I only received One Set of Keys. My first Stop should have been getting a Second Set of Keys Cut. I didn't. I was working under the Dash installing an Electric Wiper Motor. Using the ignition Key to verify Power Flow.Key in and out of the Ignition within Arms Reach. Long Story Short I misplaced the Keys. Tore the Garage Apart looking everywhere. Couldn't find them. Got replacement Ignition Switch and Cylinder. Changed the Trunk Lock. Guess where I found the Keys a Month ago?  They fell between the Carpet and the Firewall and ended up at the Floor behind the Carpet. Only took a Year to find them.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
paul2748
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I'm surprised it took a year to find the keys.  When I misplace something and go buy a replacement, I usually find the old one within an hour.

oldcarmark (8/16/2019)
Good. Reminds Me of my own wasted Search. Last Year when I bought this Car I only received One Set of Keys. My first Stop should have been getting a Second Set of Keys Cut. I didn't. I was working under the Dash installing an Electric Wiper Motor. Using the ignition Key to verify Power Flow.Key in and out of the Ignition within Arms Reach. Long Story Short I misplaced the Keys. Tore the Garage Apart looking everywhere. Couldn't find them. Got replacement Ignition Switch and Cylinder. Changed the Trunk Lock. Guess where I found the Keys a Month ago?  They fell between the Carpet and the Firewall and ended up at the Floor behind the Carpet. Only took a Year to find them.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
paul2748 (8/17/2019)
I'm surprised it took a year to find the keys.  When I misplace something and go buy a replacement, I usually find the old one within an hour.

oldcarmark (8/16/2019)

I looked Everywhere. Pulled out Work Benches. Checked Garbage Cans. The whole nine Yards. Learned my Lesson. ALWAYS have 2 Sets of Keys.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
I keep spare keys in my wallet, too.  That way I can get into my vehicle if I lock the keys inside.

Lawrenceville, GA
1960fordf350
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
A friend of mine used to keep a spare key in his taillight!    My uncle used to keep one in his air cleaner.   That wouldn't work on a vehicle with a hood latch inside though!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2e6780b3-6e07-4836-8bf9-c3da.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter