Profile Picture

Blue Thunder intake manifolds

Posted By slumlord444 Last Month
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday

Are they currently avaliable and who has them? Tried to google it and couldn't come up with anything definate. Price? From a recent post here I understand that Mummert has no intakes available at this time.

charliemccraney
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (8.6K reputation)Supercharged (8.6K reputation)Supercharged (8.6K reputation)Supercharged (8.6K reputation)Supercharged (8.6K reputation)Supercharged (8.6K reputation)Supercharged (8.6K reputation)Supercharged (8.6K reputation)Supercharged (8.6K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Blue thunder seem to come up on eBay for a couple months at a time.  I guess a run is made, they're sold and then they're gone for a while.

I've seen them for $500-$550 there.

You can contact Blue Thunder to see if they will sell you one or can refer you to a vendor who has one.

Lawrenceville, GA
miker
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: 49 minutes ago
Here’s the BT site, it a bit funky on my iPad.  Does have a contact number.  If I have mine off again, I’ll have the slot welded up and finished as was discussed here.  

https://bluethunderauto.com/

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Joe-JDC
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (595 reputation)Supercharged (595 reputation)Supercharged (595 reputation)Supercharged (595 reputation)Supercharged (595 reputation)Supercharged (595 reputation)Supercharged (595 reputation)Supercharged (595 reputation)Supercharged (595 reputation)

Ted Eaton has access to them if they are available.  I just bought one from Ted to dyno test for our EMC engine this year.  The cost is about $550.00 with tax or shipping.  Joe-JDC

JDC
Genuinerod
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)Supercharged (185 reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I have a new Blue Thunder manifold that I bought from John Mummert years ago that I would sell.  The manifold was never installed and has been in a box all these years.  John was helping to develop the manifold for BT before he started making his own.  I will sell it for $400.00 plus shipping from bay area, California. 
DANIEL TINDER
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I run my stock ‘55 manifold with the truck gasket. I wonder if Mummert’s manifold (which I recall delivers better torque) with no crossover carb heat, would suffice for norther climate/winter use? It’s non-stock appearance would be harder to take if I also end up with a carb icing issue.

6 VOLTS/POS. GRD. NW INDIANA
slumlord444
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

I'll take it. Pm me for contact and payment info. Shipping to zip code 62254. Lebanon Illinois.
slumlord444
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I forgot to ask, are there any hood clerance issues with the Blue Thunder on the T Birds? I know Mummert makes a lower manifold for the T Bird.
miker
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: 49 minutes ago
My Blue Thunder clears the bird with either an Edelbrock or a Holley. No spacer, but I might have been able to get a short one in. Stock air cleaner, modified to fit the carb. (Teapot oilbath repop.)

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Joe-JDC
Posted Last Month
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (595 reputation)Supercharged (595 reputation)Supercharged (595 reputation)Supercharged (595 reputation)Supercharged (595 reputation)Supercharged (595 reputation)Supercharged (595 reputation)Supercharged (595 reputation)Supercharged (595 reputation)

The Blue Thunder has a Ford part number on it, and the newest casting has the firing order on it like a stock ECZ-B intake.  It has the solid divider and comes with hold down clamps, bolts, etc.  It is almost identical to the iron intake in looks and fitment, but flows an average of 278-279 cfm.  Joe-JDC

JDC

Reading This Topic

Site Meter