Profile Picture

Blue Thunder intake manifolds

Posted By slumlord444 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
So if I paint it Ford red to match the block no one will know. Love it.
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
People who know will spot it but most will not know the difference.

Lawrenceville, GA
slumlord444
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Thats my plan. The average person at a car show or cruise in wouldn't have a clue. Anyone who realy knows T Birds or Y Blocks will catch it. The most unusual thing I ever saw on a T Bird back in the '70's was Louis Eminger's pink '57 Bird that had a hood with no hood scoop. It actually took me a little while to figrue out what was wrong with it. Her husband had been an executive with Ford and the hood was a one off that Ford had thoughts of using on the '57's.
slumlord444
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

The comment was made that the current Blue Thunder manifolds have the firing order like the factory B manifolds and the earlier ones don't have the firing order on them. Per the T Bird Club restoration manual the firing order was not on the manifolds untill Feb-Mar 1957 and most Feb maniflods did not have the firing order. The original intake off of my '57 did not have the firing order on it so I apparently got lucky by coming up with the Blue Thunder without the firing order numbers. Some days you get lucky, some days luck gets you.
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

The firing order must be a relatively new addition to the Blue Thunder.  I haven't seen one with it, yet.

Lawrenceville, GA
Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
The firing order was added to what I will call the Version 4 Blue Thunder intake manifold.  Those have been available for about seven months now.  The firing order addition was the only change between the Version 3 and Version 4 manifolds.  There is a Version 5 in the works which is going to include a planned plenum change.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

PF Arcand
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Daniel T ;  If you think U might run into icing problems, best stay with a Blue Thunder.  Besides, Mummert is out of stock of manifolds & has indicated it may be months to get them. If your going from a '55 intake, even a 57- B intake has more upper end potential. And with a Die grinder & tools & the right approach, they can be altered to perform better, if that works for U?. Doing that may have been described here at some point ?.  But, was described in some detail in Y-block magazine, issue #140 not long ago.    

Paul
PF Arcand
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Re 57- "B" intakes with or without the Firing Order cast on them. My intake which was bought used in western Canada, does have the firing order on it. What it was on originally I don't know & it's installed, so it's  likely difficult to check all the factory marks on it now ?.   

Paul
slumlord444
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I'm in the process of installing the Blue Thunder on my '57 Bird. Replacing my E dual quad setup. Heater bypass hose was abour 1/2" too short. Any idea why?
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

The thermostat flange would have to be about 1/2 farther back vs the E manifold, if nothing else was changed.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter