Profile Picture

Blue Thunder intake manifolds

Posted By slumlord444 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 days ago
PF Arcand (8/2/2019)
Re 57- "B" intakes with or without the Firing Order cast on them. My intake which was bought used in western Canada, does have the firing order on it. What it was on originally I don't know & it's installed, so it's  likely difficult to check all the factory marks on it now ?.

The casting date is located on the manifold top behind the carburetor flange which helps to at least identify the year model the intake manifold was produced for.  The newer cast ECZ-B manifolds (1960 and newer?) will not have the heated choke tube running through the heated crossover section.  There were a large number of those 4V manifolds used on the big truck line and are almost identical to the ones used on the cars.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1d05a4a7-a581-4b31-b7fa-92d9.jpg 

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

slumlord444 (8/2/2019)
I'm in the process of installing the Blue Thunder on my '57 Bird. Replacing my E dual quad setup. Heater bypass hose was abour 1/2" too short. Any idea why?

Assuming you are using the same thermostat housing and did not alter the water pump spacing, the bypass hose length should not have changed.

Cliff
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Where did you get all the blower manifolds?
slumlord444
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Ted, same thermostat housing and no change on the water pump spacing. Makes no sense to me but I had to make a new hose 1/2" longer to make it fit and seal. I'm running Mummert heads and had the E manifold on it with the same thermostat housing. I don't have a clue.
stuey
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)Supercharged (830 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
    shrinkflation  ?

Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Cliff (8/2/2019)
Where did you get all the blower manifolds?

Good eye.  That picture was quick and easy for showing the casting dates.  I do end up repairing a number of manifolds and also taking the ECZ-B manifolds and converting them into ’57 blower manifolds.  Not all of those in the pictures are original blower manifolds.  The original blower intake manifolds are definitely worth the trouble of repairing simply due to those having the correct casting numbers.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/fe148760-ed9a-4f6c-90f4-53da.jpg 

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
... also taking the ECZ-B manifolds and converting them into ’57 blower manifolds

So basically, the SC EDB-9424-B intake is the same basic design (carb pad hgt - runner size) as the 4V ECZ-9425-B other than the carb pad design?

Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I remember from a long time ago that I once measured from the carb pad to the floor of the plenum on both an EDB-F and an ECZ-B.  I found 3/16 inch difference, but don't remember which was taller.  I didn't pursue it any further to see if the carb pad heights were the same or if the plenum depth was the difference.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
I once measured from the carb pad to the floor of the plenum on both an EDB-F and an ECZ-B

That's interesting. You post EDB-F for your SC intake and JOHN MUMMERT lists it as EDB-9424-B. There were more than one casting do you think?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4e3e1e2f-2f0d-4cd1-b81a-9fc5.jpg

Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Who put the D and the F next to each other on the keyboard?  I meant to type EDB-D.  That's the casting number accepted by NHRA back in the stocker days.  That's what I have on my manifolds, and was on two others that I actually saw.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter