Profile Picture

WATER TEMPERATURE GAGE

Posted By 55charliebird 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
That fitting will be too long to fit in the bypass hose of a Y.

Lawrenceville, GA
2721955meteor
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
my take was the fitting would go in the hot side of the heater hose,not the bypass
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
Let me try again-

To achieve what the OP wants to do is either drill and tap the intake for another sender,

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/c8161d70-fa93-4ae4-8168-dc9b.jpg

or, make a modification in the WP By-Pass Hose to accept a sensor adapter (have to fabricate). The first photo I showed was just a random example. FORD used the below style on the 58/59 FE -

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/a7cf5108-4b3b-41fa-b0ae-5feb.jpg

The OEM gauge sender will stay on the cyl head.

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
2721955meteor (6/10/2019)

my take was the fitting would go in the hot side of the heater hose,not the bypass

How would that work?

2721955meteor
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
THE PICTURE  OF INTAKE IS EXCELENT IDEA, I DID MYN BUT THE MANIFOLD IS THIN AT THAT POINT,WOUND UP REMOVING MANIFOLD AND SILVER SOLDERING TO STOP LEAKAGE. manifold came from arizona ,no antifreeze with lots of water erosion.
Fairlane57
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi all, i have a similar problem with my gauge as the sensor unit is not working ,can you advise what i need to replace it with, its for a 57 fairlane 292. are these senders unique to this engine or will others fit ? .I wont get one off the shelf here im sure..

Reading This Topic

Site Meter