Profile Picture

Coil springs for a '56 Farilane

Posted By Tim Quinn 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Read somewhere that Bronco coil springs will fit/work in a '56 Fairlane. 
If true, what year Bronco springs should I order.
 Article also said that the Bronco springs lower the front end a little, this 
is not a problem, a little lower front end will look good.
Thanks in advance for your feed back,
Tim 
Florida

MplsMike
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
If you search this site for Aerostar springs, you will find a lot of posts from people who have done that conversion.

MplsMike
'56 Parklane
Minneapolis, MN
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Detroit Spring sells originals. As well as Macs and most of the other Vintage Repro Parts Sellers. I have never heard of using Bronco Springs. Aerostar Yes.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
Tim Quinn
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)

Thanks a ton for the Aerostar suggestion. I was confussed between Bronco and Aerostar.
Tim in Florida
Tim Quinn
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I was confused, age might have something to do with being confused. It was Ford Aerostar springs I heard or read about.
Now I looking to buy the Aerostar spring set that gives a little lower front end profile. Might make it easier to see over the steering wheel without pitting 2 cushions on the seat.
Tim w/ '56 Ford in Florida
MplsMike
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
This post would be a good place to start.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic117546.aspx

MplsMike
'56 Parklane
Minneapolis, MN
DryLakesRacer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
As you can read on the above thread. I used the Aerostars The urethane spacers for the top were for a Toyota pickup because of the diameter. Ford has a thin spacer like shim on the the top and I sure it's for noise. Normal flat street and highway ride is nice.
One thing about the Aerostars is they a compound wound and react different when hitting a dip in the road. I have good shocks but if your not careful and run into going a little fast it will bottom quicker that you can react. I don't remember the stockers doing that and cutting two coils off the bottom will give you the same look but not the same ride.... Good Luck

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
Talkwrench
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Not a real fan of the Aerostar springs , I'd be happy with my cut springs again. Whistling

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/02c74785-3ce2-4b80-a66c-f31f.jpg

"Came too close to dying to stop living now!"
62bigwindow
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I have them on my car and like them. Rides and handles great.

Durham Missouri
Dave C
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Tim Quinn (3/27/2019)
I was confused, age might have something to do with being confused. It was Ford Aerostar springs I heard or read about.
Now I looking to buy the Aerostar spring set that gives a little lower front end profile. Might make it easier to see over the steering wheel without pitting 2 cushions on the seat.
Tim w/ '56 Ford in Florida

Check out Rock Auto. I just bought a set for my 55. ACDELCO 45H1046 $54.00
Use discount code 10401537998851663 which is good until May 12..

Dave

Reading This Topic

Site Meter