Profile Picture

Aerostar springs

Posted By Rowen 9 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Ok guys today was the day!! 1987 ford Aerostar 2wd front coil spring install.
IT WENT LIKE BUTTA!!!
EASY PEEZIE!!!!
First off. no hang-ups!! Second, DIRECT FIT!! Used the stock replacement shocks. We were anal in the process, so, it took about 3 1/2 hours. Could be done in a couple!!
STANCE, ride, tracking, body roll, interior visibility, STANCE, ALL VASTLY IMPROVED!!!!
Took it up to about 75+ mph, no vibration no funny tracking ! The geometry looks AND acts 100% better!
I will keep an eye on my front tires for wear, but at this point.....SO MUCH BETTER, BETTER, BETTER!!
About 3 1/2" lower. PERFECT!!
Air shocks @ rear tomorrow......

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
MoonShadow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 16 minutes ago
Hows it take to bumps? I think my ride is a little stiffer and hard bounces. Chuck

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Rowen
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

It is a little stiffer moon shadow, BUT, compared to the" ocean liner " ride she had before... NO COMPARISON!!!
No bottoming out yet and I took some pretty gnarly back country roads to get home. About 18-20 miles. NO ISSUES!!
If this is the only improvement, and let me stress, IMPROVEMENT, that I could do to better her overall ride and handling, well.... I highly recommend ya spend the $65 bucks and do it!!

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Rowen
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

By the way, when we were all finished and cleaned up, this is what we were blessed with......life is GOOOOD!!!

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
62bigwindow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Getting ready to do the same to my wagon. What wheels and tire size are you using after the drop. I am going to have to replace mine (long story) . I have an original set of 15x5 and was going to run 710-15 www Firestone Deluxe Champions. By the way your car looks awsome!

Durham Missouri
Rowen
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks Bigwindow, just the stock steel 15x5s. I like em and the 710s are on her now. Great minds think alike!! I am going to to go wider on the back. I have about a inch+ on the inside of the well so I figure I can go a lil wider tire without buying new wheels right now. Just got the air shocks on today and it helped the ride even more in my opinion. Only went up about an inch in the back for this pic.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
62bigwindow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Thanks for the feedback. I was hesitant to buy the tires. Now seeing how good your car looks I can't wait to get mine done.

Durham Missouri
Talkwrench
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Sweet looking good!
I found mine bottoming out pretty easy even with KYB shocks. I think there would be better benefit with a spacer so you can get some of the progressive rate, of course you lose the lowered look..
For you guys at $65 yes its money well spent.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/02c74785-3ce2-4b80-a66c-f31f.jpg

"Came too close to dying to stop living now!"
62bigwindow
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Did you shorten the factory bump stops? Every post I have read about the Aerostar springs it was suggested that the bump stops be cut down. This may be why your car was bottoming out ?

Durham Missouri
Kahuna
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Looks fab Rowen
Good job
Jim

Reading This Topic

Site Meter