Coil springs for a '56 Farilane

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic144977.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By Tim Quinn - 5 Years Ago
Read somewhere that Bronco coil springs will fit/work in a '56 Fairlane. 
If true, what year Bronco springs should I order.
 Article also said that the Bronco springs lower the front end a little, this 
is not a problem, a little lower front end will look good.
Thanks in advance for your feed back,
Tim 
Florida

By MplsMike - 5 Years Ago
If you search this site for Aerostar springs, you will find a lot of posts from people who have done that conversion.
By oldcarmark - 5 Years Ago
Detroit Spring sells originals. As well as Macs and most of the other Vintage Repro Parts Sellers. I have never heard of using Bronco Springs. Aerostar Yes.
Thanks a ton for the Aerostar suggestion. I was confussed between Bronco and Aerostar.
Tim in Florida
I was confused, age might have something to do with being confused. It was Ford Aerostar springs I heard or read about.
Now I looking to buy the Aerostar spring set that gives a little lower front end profile. Might make it easier to see over the steering wheel without pitting 2 cushions on the seat.
Tim w/ '56 Ford in Florida
By MplsMike - 5 Years Ago
This post would be a good place to start.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic117546.aspx
By DryLakesRacer - 5 Years Ago
As you can read on the above thread. I used the Aerostars The urethane spacers for the top were for a Toyota pickup because of the diameter. Ford has a thin spacer like shim on the the top and I sure it's for noise. Normal flat street and highway ride is nice.
One thing about the Aerostars is they a compound wound and react different when hitting a dip in the road. I have good shocks but if your not careful and run into going a little fast it will bottom quicker that you can react. I don't remember the stockers doing that and cutting two coils off the bottom will give you the same look but not the same ride.... Good Luck
By Talkwrench - 5 Years Ago
Not a real fan of the Aerostar springs , I'd be happy with my cut springs again. Whistling
By 62bigwindow - 5 Years Ago
I have them on my car and like them. Rides and handles great.
By Dave C - 5 Years Ago
Tim Quinn (3/27/2019)
I was confused, age might have something to do with being confused. It was Ford Aerostar springs I heard or read about.
Now I looking to buy the Aerostar spring set that gives a little lower front end profile. Might make it easier to see over the steering wheel without pitting 2 cushions on the seat.
Tim w/ '56 Ford in Florida

Check out Rock Auto. I just bought a set for my 55. ACDELCO 45H1046 $54.00
Use discount code 10401537998851663 which is good until May 12..

Dave

Hey Dave C,
These are the ones I'm going to buy. They cost almost the same: $51.78, the freight was $11.99 to Florida. 
Thanks for the reassuring message, it is good to hear from a Happy Customer.
again,
Thanks,
Tim "Florida Ford Fan"
Good info Mike,
Thanks,
Tim: Ford Fan in Florida
Thanks for the info, good to know about bumps, we have them here in Florida. They are used to slow us high speed fast drivers down so we won't kill any of their "CHILDREN AT PLAY".
(Kids don't play in the streets here in Florida, they are at home in a bedroom on their $2,500 computer or on the $395 Smart Phone.)
Thanks again,
Tim: Friendly Ford Fan in Florida (FFFF)