Profile Picture

56 f100 rear self adj brakes

Posted By brucem 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Does anyone know what kits are available to add self adjusting rear brakes to a stock f100 .Thanks for any help
paul2748
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
What year - 9 inch or  something else?    Look at Fords that have the same size shoe diameter.  I have used the parts from a later Ford on my TBird (56).  I have a parts list some where but I doubt the 150 has the same diameter brakes as the TBird.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

brucem
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)Normally aspirated (28 reputation)

Paul,thanks for your reply,year 1956with a stock dana 44 rear.I dont have wheels off yet, not sure of dia,will re post later.Thanks
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
What I did to find self Adjusters that would work on my 56 was go to Rock Auto. Find the Brake Shoe #  listed for your Application. Then try later newer Listings and find a Vehicle that uses same Shoes and has self adjuster Kit Listed. Should be able to retrofit on yours.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
brucem
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Thanks found them appreciate the help.First time on this forum,great info
miker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I’d be interested in knowing the details for that. I never did locate them for the Dana rear end, maybe I should just have focused on the brake shoes?

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
paul2748
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
If I remember correctly, the only problem that I had was the oval piece that holds the shoes at the top.  It was too thick when adding the wire that goes down to the adjuster.  I shaved it and it worked out.  Easier than trying to find a thinner one.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
paul2748                                      Posted Yesterday                                            

If I remember correctly, the only problem that I had was the oval piece that holds the shoes at the top.  It was too thick when adding the wire that goes down to the adjuster.  I shaved it and it worked out.  Easier than trying to find a thinner one.

... hmmph ...

THANX for that revelation. I have read references where when trying to retrofit, the claim was the anchor pin was too short but this dispels that.

DryLakesRacer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

In the new Macs (I don't like them) catalog they list a complete self adjusting kit for the 58-59 car. They also have 11" brakes like the 55-56 car which are just narrower and I've wondered the same thing all the parts are included for $14 a wheel. Sure would b nice when doing discs in the front and leaving the old rear ends.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Rock Auto is half that Price. The Kits have everything except the Spring that hooks onto the Adjuster Lever.,Separate Part #.Package of 2.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter