Profile Picture

Original power brake booster

Posted By 55 GLASS TOP 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Can some quickly explain to me how an original power brake booster works with the master cylinder . Do you have to buy a special cylinder for the booster . I am considering put power brakes on my Crown Vic. Just wanted to know if it was a lot of work assuming I can find a booster that works. I have many questions . Thanks for any answers.
KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Are you wanting to use the original MIDLAND booster for appearance/restoration?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/69176c69-1bb5-4ba3-9b96-4bd8.jpg

55 GLASS TOP
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Yes I would like to get an original booster to use
KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

IMO, about he only way to go about it would be to find a complete donor or a take-off setup say on EvilBay.

Have the booster rebuilt along with the MC. If you are dead serious on numbers correct, the install has to come from an original (unmolested) 1955 as the booster itself has an updated 1956 PN and I would assume you want 1955 ID NOS.

I will look around for you in the meantime.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/baeb48bc-9537-4004-8cf2-919a.jpg

KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

More Eye Candy -

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/240cfc68-d342-4357-ab44-cf9a.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d7952c82-499b-4b1a-905b-81d9.jpg

55 GLASS TOP
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks for the help , I have my eye on a booster on eBay now it will have to be rebuilt and I see the lines to hook it up are available from a few parts guys . The whole thing most likely will be a Christmas present to myself. Thanks for the diagrams
2721955meteor
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
i found parts next to impossible, hear in canada. some small parts where the worst,. good luck
oldcarmark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Check Larry's Thunderbird for a Booster already rebuilt as well as a mounting Bracket.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Booster between the Tbirds and the sedans were a little different so if you it to be "correct"  get the for the model you have.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

2721955meteor
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
the boosters i had,both from 55birds where the same as cars except the mount bracket. simple how they work,they boost the had pressure with vacuum. the had portion has a brake cup that has a hole so if vacuum to booster is interrupted you still have some breaks
i rebuilt 1 for my 32ford and had problems getting parts,midland dealer hear claimed no longer avail. purchased som on treble bay. thewhol issue was a wast for very little  boost. sold the core and went to  proper booster.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter