Original power brake booster

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic141983.aspx
Print Topic | Close Window

By 55 GLASS TOP - 6 Years Ago
Can some quickly explain to me how an original power brake booster works with the master cylinder . Do you have to buy a special cylinder for the booster . I am considering put power brakes on my Crown Vic. Just wanted to know if it was a lot of work assuming I can find a booster that works. I have many questions . Thanks for any answers.
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
Are you wanting to use the original MIDLAND booster for appearance/restoration?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/69176c69-1bb5-4ba3-9b96-4bd8.jpg
Yes I would like to get an original booster to use
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
IMO, about he only way to go about it would be to find a complete donor or a take-off setup say on EvilBay.

Have the booster rebuilt along with the MC. If you are dead serious on numbers correct, the install has to come from an original (unmolested) 1955 as the booster itself has an updated 1956 PN and I would assume you want 1955 ID NOS.

I will look around for you in the meantime.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/baeb48bc-9537-4004-8cf2-919a.jpg
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
More Eye Candy -

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/240cfc68-d342-4357-ab44-cf9a.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d7952c82-499b-4b1a-905b-81d9.jpg
Thanks for the help , I have my eye on a booster on eBay now it will have to be rebuilt and I see the lines to hook it up are available from a few parts guys . The whole thing most likely will be a Christmas present to myself. Thanks for the diagrams
By 2721955meteor - 6 Years Ago
i found parts next to impossible, hear in canada. some small parts where the worst,. good luck
By oldcarmark - 6 Years Ago
Check Larry's Thunderbird for a Booster already rebuilt as well as a mounting Bracket.
By paul2748 - 6 Years Ago
Booster between the Tbirds and the sedans were a little different so if you it to be "correct"  get the for the model you have.
the boosters i had,both from 55birds where the same as cars except the mount bracket. simple how they work,they boost the had pressure with vacuum. the had portion has a brake cup that has a hole so if vacuum to booster is interrupted you still have some breaks
i rebuilt 1 for my 32ford and had problems getting parts,midland dealer hear claimed no longer avail. purchased som on treble bay. thewhol issue was a wast for very little  boost. sold the core and went to  proper booster.
While the Tbird and sedan units are  slightly different, they function the same and are pretty much inter-changeable.  A lot of the Birds got a sedan unit when theirs went bad, most likely because there were more of them that were rebuilt.

For the purists, a  sedan unit can be converted into a TBird configuration easily and the parts are available from the parts people

2721955meteor (12/6/2018)
the boosters i had,both from 55birds where the same as cars except the mount bracket. simple how they work,they boost the had pressure with vacuum. the had portion has a brake cup that has a hole so if vacuum to booster is interrupted you still have some breaks
i rebuilt 1 for my 32ford and had problems getting parts,midland dealer hear claimed no longer avail. purchased som on treble bay. thewhol issue was a wast for very little  boost. sold the core and went to  proper booster.

By Rusty_S85 - 6 Years Ago
Not to hi-jack but how well does this style of power brake function?  Is it worth the cost for a retrofit?
By miker - 6 Years Ago
They work, given the times. So did the treadle-vac. You won’t confuse them with modern brake boosters, or the light effort I remember from Chysler products in the early 60’s. I’d say if you’re comfortable driving the car leave well enough alone. If it’s marginal (like some of us old guys with bad knees and shoulders) power brakes and steering are more attractive than they used to be.
By Pete 55Tbird - 6 Years Ago
On my 55 Tbird I replaced the front drum brakes with a non power disk brake kit and eliminated the booster. That was like 15 years ago
and I have never felt a need to re install it. My opinion. Pete
I do not expect to get the performance from the vintage design booster that you would get from a modern booster . But I am looking to install some period correct options . I have been assembling a power steering unit and I have been thinking about looking to put the brake booster in just to make the car more interesting. It's winter time and I am just tinkering getting ready for the spring car shows.
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
How well a BOOSTER SYSTEM operates is measured by final line pressure with gauges.

No, the MIDLAND, TREADLE-VAC or KH Bellows Systems will not give the line pressure as well as a later style booster or HYDRO-BOOST but will be sufficient if only a driver or restoration (IMO).

Same as an early EATON PS PUMP. The output pressure is nowhere near that of a SAGINAW. You just figure what you need and go about it in that fashion. A dedicated or period correct appearance may not be as efficient as later tech will provide.
There is no doubt about what you say , it's the same as if I were to pull out my yblock and install a 5 liter mustang engine I am sure it would be more dependable (not the my engine has ever let me down ) but it would not be period correct . How about cutting the dashboard to install a new style radio , you could but you won't. Lots of improvements can be made to a 64 year old car. But I like to install older stuff to make the car look "right"
tell me what the difference is. i have 1 core left and would like to know how to id the sedan type.midland dealer told me overhaul kits are the same, just not available
From what I have been told and I may be wrong , but the boosters are basically the sane the mounting brackets are different . But if someone know for sure please let us know. also I have found a few places that rebuild and repair the boosters it is not cheap but its the only game in town 
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
Read This -

http://brakeboosterrebuild.com/about/

With less and less service parts being available, you may need people who can make/fabricate what is needed and have the experience to do it correctly.

EDIT -

The short answer is NO! Save yourself the headache and disappointment! That’s because ALL of today’s brake kits are incomplete. The kits in the 80s could rebuild most of the brake boosters, but these cars are now 20-30 years older. The kits today don’t have enough parts, plus you now have the added issue of pitting which the kits can’t address. It takes expert to repair this issue. In addition, the kits have no parts for the vacuum piston other than a leather seal. We actually have the pistons manufactured. Not only that but we have 9 parts that are NOT available to the public anywhere else so that we can COMPLETELY rebuild any power brake booster we cover. Don’t make the mistake of using a partial kit when we can completely rebuilt your brake booster in 48 hours."

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/29772f03-0539-4a4f-abcd-9842.jpg

As a note, I imagine all types of kits were available at one time. Just like CARB KITS, some good, some not too good. It all depends on how much money you want to waste with either a quality repair or a negligible repair.
If you want to get a brake booster rebuilt I have a suggestion. Power Brake Exchange, San Jose CA.
Some years ago I need a booster on a 1963 Jaguar MK2 sedan rebuilt. I called and they said they could do it. I took it in
and I asked when the last time he had seen a booster like that he said they had re-built  4 or 5 of them that week. 
Excellent work but NOT CHEAP. Pete
miker (12/6/2018)
They work, given the times. So did the treadle-vac. You won’t confuse them with modern brake boosters, or the light effort I remember from Chysler products in the early 60’s. I’d say if you’re comfortable driving the car leave well enough alone. If it’s marginal (like some of us old guys with bad knees and shoulders) power brakes and steering are more attractive than they used to be.

For me age is not a concern.  Im just wondering since its all bolt on and doesn't require modifying the vehicle if its worth the cost if the improvement over manual brakes is great enough to warrant the cost.

I know I saw I think it was Mac`s or Larry`s they offer a complete power brake kit with period correct reman booster but when I looked it was like $1,200 for the kit.
By miker - 6 Years Ago
If you don’t find the brake effort excessive, a booster isn’t going to be a big improvement in my opinion. If you’re on anywhere near stock tires and the existing brakes are good you can probably already lock the brakes. The tires are the limiting stopping factor. Modulation at lock up is kind of tough with drums, and a booster probably won’t improve that.

I had one of those power units at one point, but it was a part of a kit with a dual master, power front disc, and manual rear drums. One of the major thunderbird suppliers. It worked fine, it’s been replaced for other reasons.

I don’t find them an attractive option, either appearance wise under the hood, or for braking effort. My first 55 bird in ‘67 didn’t have power brakes and I wouldn’t have added them. But that’s just me, and what I value. I’d be replacing chrome, doing the interior, putting in an original radio converted to modern components, lot of things first. But that’s just me. It won’t hurt the car or do much if anything to change the value.

There were several times I didn’t think age was going to be a concern for me, either. Most involved cars, boats, or skiing down hill off the trails. But somehow I got lucky and I got old.
CASCO lists a brake booster rebuild kit plus a diaphragm and pressure plate PBB cylinder (???) in their catalog.  I assume the other suppliers have them.  Should fit both the sedan and Tbird units, but if buying check to make sure.
CASCO also has rebuilt units, but as pete said NOT CHEAP

Pete 55Tbird (12/7/2018)
If you want to get a brake booster rebuilt I have a suggestion. Power Brake Exchange, San Jose CA.
Some years ago I need a booster on a 1963 Jaguar MK2 sedan rebuilt. I called and they said they could do it. I took it in
and I asked when the last time he had seen a booster like that he said they had re-built  4 or 5 of them that week. 
Excellent work but NOT CHEAP. Pete

strang your previous post indicated they where different,it would help the web site if one does not know, just be truth full
miker (12/7/2018)
If you don’t find the brake effort excessive, a booster isn’t going to be a big improvement in my opinion. If you’re on anywhere near stock tires and the existing brakes are good you can probably already lock the brakes. The tires are the limiting stopping factor. Modulation at lock up is kind of tough with drums, and a booster probably won’t improve that.

I had one of those power units at one point, but it was a part of a kit with a dual master, power front disc, and manual rear drums. One of the major thunderbird suppliers. It worked fine, it’s been replaced for other reasons.

I don’t find them an attractive option, either appearance wise under the hood, or for braking effort. My first 55 bird in ‘67 didn’t have power brakes and I wouldn’t have added them. But that’s just me, and what I value. I’d be replacing chrome, doing the interior, putting in an original radio converted to modern components, lot of things first. But that’s just me. It won’t hurt the car or do much if anything to change the value.

There were several times I didn’t think age was going to be a concern for me, either. Most involved cars, boats, or skiing down hill off the trails. But somehow I got lucky and I got old.

Well then for me its better to put the money in else where on the car then.  I haven't drive the car really other than up and down the street a bit but I have driven heavier trucks built in the late 70`s and 80`s by scrubrolet with manual disc brakes and they didn't seem excessive on the brake pedal.  Drum brakes how ever help you apply the brakes so should be less effort than disc brakes.  I think I can handle it, for me it was more of a novelty factor being able to show off to people that don't know this is how power brakes used to look.  But for $1,200 if the brake pedal is going to have about the same effort its not worth it in my opinion then to spend the money.

Tire wise I am on stock sized radial tires but once I finish my restoration I am still up in arms about if I want firestone biasply tires or the new coker American classic bias look radial tire.  Either way is going to be stock size.
Midland brake booster 55 Tbirdhttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/90a776d9-f850-472c-ae50-ff06.jpg
Each and every guy on here has his own opinion of what he thinks is important to him and his car. My cars paint is fine the chrome has all been redone and the interior is brand new, .and I upgraded the radio last year  I have been working on this car for about 10 years , it has taken me so long because  my family has always come first . Yes I think the brake booster is more of a novelty than a necessity but as a recently retired NYC police officer I find myself with some spare change. I think buy the time I am done I will have about 500 into the working power booster unit, and I picked up a power steering set up for 400 . So i do not think I will be  over  doing it if I  dress up a Glass top 1955 Crown Victoria. I want to thank everyone for the leads to rebuild the unit but for the most part I will be doing that myself.  .I am presently working with my neighbor restoring a 1956 Club Sedan I hope this does not take ten years because I may not be able to finish it with him . Thanks for the replies  this appears to have been a very active thread.
55 GLASS TOP (12/8/2018)
Each and every guy on here has his own opinion of what he thinks is important to him and his car. My cars paint is fine the chrome has all been redone and the interior is brand new, .and I upgraded the radio last year  I have been working on this car for about 10 years , it has taken me so long because  my family has always come first . Yes I think the brake booster is more of a novelty than a necessity but as a recently retired NYC police officer I find myself with some spare change. I think buy the time I am done I will have about 500 into the working power booster unit, and I picked up a power steering set up for 400 . So i do not think I will be  over  doing it if I  dress up a Glass top 1955 Crown Victoria. I want to thank everyone for the leads to rebuild the unit but for the most part I will be doing that myself.  .I am presently working with my neighbor restoring a 1956 Club Sedan I hope this does not take ten years because I may not be able to finish it with him . Thanks for the replies  this appears to have been a very active thread.

Of course we all have our goals and ideas for our vehicles.  Mine is to put it back as original as possible as how it was when it was new off the dealership lot.  Some of us want to upgrade, I got some upgrades in mind but they are all hidden from view such as petronix.  I thought of having my AM radio upgraded to have Bluetooth so I can run my music through the radio but think the redirad would be cheaper for me even with the wire laying visible.
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
55GLASSTOP -

You build your car as you desire it to to turnout.

You asked for some basic info and you got it. The MIDLAND is ADEQUATE for a street driven car. What I would be more worried about is the design of the front foundation brakes. They require a little more attention.

The last thing I would want to see when you opened the hood WOULD BE a GM booster and CORVETTE MC.

ENJOY IT!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/bf5d92bf-cff0-4933-97f6-af81.jpg
By Kahuna - 6 Years Ago
My understanding of these Hydrovac brake units is that they double the output line pressure to the wheel cylinders.
My 56 Ford originally had Power Brakes, but the previous owner removed the unit when it either failed or became
problematic.
I purchased & installed a unit from Australia called a VH44 J. It appears similar to the original unit and I installed it
under the car, as I didn't want to clutter up the engine compartment. I have not finished the car yet, so don't know
how well it will function. I recall it cost about $150 delivered.
Hoping for the best.
Jim
Here is a TBird booster - it was a sedan unit that I changed to the Tbird configuration.  I'm trying to find a pic of the sedan configuration

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9d660bba-91ef-402f-94d7-a782.jpg

Here's a sedan

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9c3e5486-9d2f-4d23-b2bc-0df4.jpg

Yes I asked for basic info and I got it thank you
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
I hope you didn't interpret my post as condescending/argumentative.

What I was implying is what you are planning to do is fine (IMO) to make the car more authentic in factory assembly detail.

That style/period booster should deliver 20% to 30% more line pressure than the manual brake system. The only problem now is finding a complete quality kit or trusted re-builder.
55 GlassTop.
  Off topic question for you. I have seen a 1954 factory glass-top once or twice. Any idea how many of the Ford or Mercury

cars were built as glass tops?    Pete
By Ted - 6 Years Ago
Pete 55Tbird (12/9/2018)
55 GlassTop.
Off topic question for you. I have seen a 1954 factory glass-top once or twice. Any idea how many of the Ford or Mercury cars were built as glass tops?    Pete

The production number I have for the 1954 Crestline Skyliner hardtop coupes is 13,344.
The amount of glass tops made to my knowledge made in 1955 was less than 2000 I think 1999 and in 1956 I think 603 were made . Not a good seller driving the car in the summer is like being a French fry in the McDonald's heat lamp. Best to drive in the evening . I have a curtain that pull across the roof but really not much help from the heat .
By 56_Fairlane - 6 Years Ago
Does anyone have any diagrams for the vacuum line and brake lines that attach to the booster. I also have one of these boosters and I'd like to install it just like it would have been by the factory. Also what parts of the booster would have been painted?
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
Here is a PARTS EXPLOSION-

Most of the lines are available re-pro.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d7952c82-499b-4b1a-905b-81d9.jpg
Thanks Kultulz, I've seen this diagram but I haven't been able to figure out where to make the bends in the lines. I think found the lengths in the catalog with the part numbers, I wonder if someone sells the lines already pre-bent.
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
Start Here - http://www.classictbird.com/Lines-Hoses/products/34/

Make sure you tell them you have a FORD rather than a BIRD.

Let us know.
I like ClassicTbird, that's where I got all my vacuum hose kit from for my wiper motor and my heater for my Ford.  I think they also have the white stripe heater hose as well, I got mine though from macs as they had a black Friday sale.
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
56_fairlane Posted -

" I've seen this diagram but I haven't been able to figure out where to make the bends in the lines. I think found the lengths in the catalog with the part numbers, I wonder if someone sells the lines already pre-bent."

Basic PN 2269 will give you lengths to make your own from bulk tubing.

Also look @ Basic PN's 2352 and 2234 in your MPC.

I think the repros are BIRD dedicated. I don't know if there are repro's for the PASS CAR.

If someone had a take-off set, there are vendors that will copy the bends with correct hardware.
I could cut, bend and flare my own lines but I don't entirely trust myself in fabricating a set of brake lines that would be safe. I started looking at Classic Bird's listings but I haven't looked through it all yet. I'll try to call them next week to see if they indeed have tubing for the passenger cars.
I've been planning to install the booster for the last 4 or 5 winters. Hopefully I'll get it done this winter.
I was just looking up some Parts on Tee-bird.com. They list a complete Power Brake Installation Kit for 55-56 Passenger Car. No price-Enquire. They may or may not have them but worth a Phone Call to ask. 1-800-423-3723. Ten Years ago they were selling them and it was less than $600.00 for complete Kit. No Idea what they would sell for now if they have any in Stock. Might also be worth a Phone Call and see if they have pre-made Steel Lines for Installation.  
By cokefirst - 6 Years Ago
actually, the Thunderbird and the passenger car are different than just the bracket.  the metal tube that goes from the front side of the booster canister to the breather is different between the Thunderbird and the passenger car.  If you are looking for a rebuilder, Karps Power Brake service in Upland California bought most of Midlands inventory when they quit producing these units.  They can also re sleeve your master cylinder to factory specifications.  
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
Here You Go-

AF 2352-B Tube Assy - MC TO BOOSTER SERVO - 55/56 FORD

https://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_mercury_late/power-brake-booster-inlet-tube-from-side-of-booster-to-master-cylinder-outlet-fitting-ford-only.html

https://www.macsautoparts.com/assets/macs/images/size/600x/sku/64-25263.jpg

They also have the SERVO To Bake Hose Line - AF 2234-C -56 FORD

https://www.macsautoparts.com/assets/macs/images/size/600x/sku/64-25262.jpg

Seems they have about everything to restore the installation.
Thanks Kultulz, I think I found the lines I need at Mac's. I couldn't find the brass fitting for the vacuum line that goes at the back of the intake manifold. I'm going to try to make a complete inventory of the parts I need for the installation.
Here's the booster I have and the hardware that came with it. I haven't figured out where some of those brass fittings nor some of the bolts and washers go. It only needs two bolts to attach to the bracket and none the bolts fit the bracket holes in the booster body.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/fd31d2d9-2f09-43d4-90fc-b28a.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9d3fe6c4-8063-4bab-a96d-60c7.jpg
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
Look at and print out the ILL's and PHOTO I posted on the first page.

That is about as close as you will get without having an OEM install to study.

Do you have the MTG BRKT?

The PN's you see that don't appear as FORD are STANDARD HARDWARE PN's and can be crossed to description in a HARDWARE and UTILITIES CATALOG of the period. Most likely the person that removed the booster didn't keep track of the original hardware.

The booster appears as correct finish.

Are there any early salvage yards in your area?
I have an OEM bracket so the booster attaches perfectly. I've loaded up Daniel Jessup's CD set of manuals on my laptop and I've been using it to inventory the parts I need. The only hose I'm having trouble matching up hose 2078 that goes from the booster to the distribution block on the frame. The other items I haven't found are 354316, 17597 and 87943. The wrecking yard near me doesn't have any 56 Fords.
I'll have to check if my printed manuals have any hardware descriptions, I have a feeling they might.
I found a good image of a 56 power brake installation. The color looks a little off on the booster and it looks like it's mounted a little low.
https://assets.hemmings.com/story_image/621967-1000-0.jpg?rev=2https://assets.hemmings.com/story_image/621968-663-0.jpg?rev=2
56_Fairlane (12/16/2018)
I have an OEM bracket so the booster attaches perfectly. I've loaded up Daniel Jessup's CD set of manuals on my laptop and I've been using it to inventory the parts I need. The only hose I'm having trouble matching up hose 2078 that goes from the booster to the distribution block on the frame. The other items I haven't found are 354316, 17597 and 87943. The wrecking yard near me doesn't have any 56 Fords.
I'll have to check if my printed manuals have any hardware descriptions, I have a feeling they might.

87943-S is a 1/4 Flare Fitting for Brake Line. 17597 I am guessing would be 1/4 Steel Tube. The 354316-S which is shown as being for Passenger Car except T-Bird is supplied as the T-Bird # 354447-S when purchased from Tee-Bird.com. They sell that Part under that #.
Thanks Oldcarmark.
Hello did any of the boosters come from ford all black or were they original finish with the aluminum polished and what appears to be anodized chambers. Most of what I have seen are all black , I assume they are rebuilt. 
According to the CTCI Authenticity guide for TBirds, the booster was all black except for the screen, bleeder screw and various fittings.  I don't know if the sedans were the same.

55 GLASS TOP (12/16/2018)
Hello did any of the boosters come from ford all black or were they original finish with the aluminum polished and what appears to be anodized chambers. Most of what I have seen are all black , I assume they are rebuilt. 

Thanks that's good info
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
https://www.npdlink.com/product/block-manifold-vacuum-connection/167469/220640

This fitting(s) is for BIRD.

FORD is 354316-S

EDIT -

Notice NPD shows two different fittings under the same PN. One is 1956 and the other 1957. You have to know what you are looking for exactly as the vendor may have no idea or incorrect listing(s).

Basic PN 17597 is a vacuum source for the wiper motor without a two stage fuel pump. The fitting is also described under BASIC 17597.

All of this depends on the year (55-56-57) and what accessories were assembled on the vehicle (whether FORD or BIRD). Most info was deleted from cataloging. You would need period cataloging and most likely an ENGINE ASSEMBLY MANUAL to figure out each assembly detail.
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
RESTO-MOD.

Now that booster finish is ugly.

Beauty is skin-deep but ugly goes to the bone...
By Lord Gaga - 6 Years Ago
KULTULZ (12/17/2018)
https://www.npdlink.com/product/block-manifold-vacuum-connection/167469/220640

This fitting(s) is for BIRD.

FORD is 354316-S

EDIT -

Notice NPD shows two different fittings under the same PN. One is 1956 and the other 1957. You have to know what you are looking for exactly as the vendor may have no idea or incorrect listing(s).

Basic PN 17597 is a vacuum source for the wiper motor without a two stage fuel pump. The fitting is also described under BASIC 17597.

All of this depends on the year (55-56-57) and what accessories were assembled on the vehicle (whether FORD or BIRD). Most info was deleted from cataloging. You would need period cataloging and most likely an ENGINE ASSEMBLY MANUAL to figure out each assembly detail.

THIRTY BILLS?... for a Weatherhead fitting?!! Is brass the new gold?Crying
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
I paid no attention to the price. And that is for two according to the ILL.

Now they also sell the 56 fitting by itself for 32.35.

You gotta watch these guys.

NAPA should have it.
In the case of the manifold brass fitting, I'll probably search ebay for it. Macs doesn't seem to have it. I found everything else I need from them. So far my total is just over $100 which will get me free shipping. If I spend as much time as I have so far searching for the parts, I should be able to find a good promo code too.
Whats the Part # You are looking for?
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
You want some more aggravation?

This is a INSTRUCTION SHEET from a 1956 BOOSTER INSTALL KIT. VIEW 9 shows going from a two port fitting for a three port (booster - wipers - dual adv dist canister)  Much varies on how the engine was assembled OEM and what accessories the car came through with.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/58969f1d-75f6-43e1-b99b-3b32.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/88740547-a4bf-438c-8a58-f3a2.jpg
Parts Catalog Illustrations are not exact copies of ENGINEERING DRAWINGS. They are a culmination of similar years/assemblies. They show just enough so that the PARTS DUDE can find his/her/it/mutant's way in the TEXT.
This is the part I'm looking for. I'm not sure of the part number.
Connecting Block - Power/Brake - Manifold 57 - 1 Per car

Kultulz, do you have a better resolution copy of the installation diagram? If you're not able to post it, could PM it to me or I could PM you my email.
That looks like 2 Parts not One. Is Part(s) #'s not shown in Illustration?
Casco has this part for $35.65. http://www.classictbird.com/Connecting-Block-Power_Brake-Manifold-57-1-Per-car/productinfo/354447CS/
They list some part numbers but they're probably they're own number.

They are using the original Ford #. 354447-S. Same # Tee-bird has. Macs don't have One?
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
Kultulz, do you have a better resolution copy of the installation diagram?

No, wish I did. I stumbled across that one on GOOGLE. Maybe print it out it will be larger? Were you able to read VIEW 9?

The fitting you are showing is for a 1957.
Yes I could read view 9. The parts list was difficult to read.
Yes, the part I need would be for a 57 since I'm using a 57 carb and manifold.
By Jack Groat - 6 Years Ago
I have one those original boosters.  It came on my '56 CV.  The brake efforts were high.  So I assume it needed a rebuild.  I removed it and replaced it with a firewall mounted booster with modern front/rear master cylinder.  Now the brake efforts are much better and it will be a lot easier to upgrade to front disc brakes.  If anyone is interested in that old booster give me a email at jackgr at AOL dot com and we can work something out.  The booster is in Michigan.
By KULTULZ - 6 Years Ago
Yes, the part I need would be for a 57 since I'm using a 57 carb and manifold.

w00t

... uh-oh ...

I did not catch that upgrade. Most of the info I have supplied is for a '56.
That's something I should mentioned from the beginning. The manifold fitting is only a minor detail as everything else will work.
The only problem I have now is all my items in my cart at Mac's disappeared nor can I log into my account despite changing the password each time.