Profile Picture

Cylinder Heads - EBU-G castings

Posted By Cliff 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
the ebu 239 was a 54 only engine with the large cam.the truck was ebv and used a small cam.the mixup came when they used the ebu engines in early 54 trucks by mid year they no longer used it.the ebu is the only real oddball y block.all others use the small cam and same head gaskets.
Cliff
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

These heads take the early head gasket, but have 18 mm spark plugs, also the chambers do not over hang the cylinder (well a little at the sides with a 3.860 bore) also has the late exhaust port, I think i'm going to sonic check the insides of the ports for fun.
Cliff
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

I took a look inside, these will take a 1957 size port without hitting water, these maybe a better head to start with, better chamber to work with.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/36410eb4-3602-4fab-8132-7feb.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/636be1e7-d126-4231-a852-a5dd.jpg
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
As long as it wasn't the last one on earth Wink

I wonder how that actually compares to a '54 EBU head.  If the part of the mold for the water jacket was '56, like many other features, it very well may have more material there.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter