Profile Picture

Oil out the fill

Posted By skyhunter 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
So I have a new intake pan with a PCV hole in it.  I have a PCV and I am running it up to the front hole on the intake manifold (my Teapot does NOT have a vacuum connection)
I blocked off the road draft hole.  But I am still having oil coming out the fill.  After the element becomes soaked the oil comes out and gets all over that side of the engine.
Any suggestions?  It's a 292 with stock Holley 2 hole.

1959 Edsel Ranger, 1916 Ford "speedster"
"I may not be a rich man, but I can give you a million dollars' worth of bad publicity."
KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
"So I have a new intake pan with a PCV hole in it.  I have a PCV and I am running it up to the front hole on the intake manifold (my Teapot does NOT have a vacuum connection)
But I am still having oil coming out the fill.  After the element becomes soaked the oil comes out and gets all over that side of the engine.
Any suggestions?  It's a 292 with stock Holley 2 hole."

Did you remove/disable the original road draft unit on the LF of the engine?

Put a vacuum gauge on the dipstick tube and see whether there is any amount of vacuum in the crankcase while idling. You may have to go to a different valve. Also, any engine gasket/seal leaks causes loss of vacuum in the crankcase.

darrell
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
you can buy the proper spacer under your carb to hook up a pvc on a teapot.
skyhunter
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)

I have not found one for my 2 Barrel, have a link? 

But then again how different would that be as opposed to the opening right in front of the Carb in the intake manifold?

"I may not be a rich man, but I can give you a million dollars' worth of bad publicity."
skyhunter
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

KULTULZ  This is a 292 from a Pick Up and had a road tube out the back.  It is closed off.  It did not have the opening forward.

KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

KULTULZ  This is a 292 from a Pick Up and had a road tube out the back.  It is closed off.  It did not have the opening forward.   

OK. Do you know by any chance the year of the engine  or what year pickup it came out of?

It sounds like the PCV is inoperative or blow-by is overpowering the system. Is the PCV placed where the original road draft tube was?

Can you show a photo(s) of the install?   Do you have a vacuum gauge? If the gauge shows a partial vacuum, you are on the right track. If it shows pressure, either inoperative or overpowered.    

skyhunter
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

It's a Mummert valley pan the has the baffled grommet boss and a V8 PVC (I wish it was a 90 but it's straight) that he listed.

I don't know the year but I think it's from a very early 60s PU.  The Intake is from god knows what but I put a fitting in that opening just forward of
the Carb for the PCV line.

I know from the manual the oil tube is supposed to be a "suck" not a "blow".  No vacuum gauge but I can get one I guess.

The original had a road draft tube in the same place but someone ran a line from it right into where that threaded block is in the back of the intake you can just see in my picture.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b620f4d5-38bd-4a2f-8aa7-4a25.jpg
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/6826689c-c3e0-4ed0-a654-3bcb.jpg

KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

"It's a Mummert valley pan the has the baffled grommet boss and a V8 PVC (I wish it was a 90 but it's straight) that he listed.

I don't know the year but I think it's from a very early 60s PU.  The Intake is from god knows what but I put a fitting in that opening just forward of the Carb for the PCV line.

I know from the manual the oil tube is supposed to be a "suck" not a "blow".  No vacuum gauge but I can get one I guess.

The original had a road draft tube in the same place but someone ran a line from it right into where that threaded block is in the back of the intake you can just see in my picture."

OK. You need the gauge. It is a combination fuel pressure/vacuum gauge and is invaluable for something like this. One should be about twenty dollars (quality).

The vacuum source @ the manifold you have is fine. It is OEM style (verify once you get gauge - maybe something built a hive in there). Truthfully, at the carb spacer would be better but FORD only used that setup on the LT 292 4V setup.

You have to verify correct manifold vacuum and the setups ability to draw a partial vacuum in the crankcase first.

It's a MUMMERT cover? I will have to look at one (I was never able to afford $$$ speed parts) ... Wink

Get back.

skyhunter
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

http://www.ford-y-block.com/valleycovers.htm

It's worse than speed parts, it's bling

KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

"It's worse than speed parts, it's bling..."

HEY! I was young once too...

Now you need to louver the hood to show it off...

If your cover has this baffle, you are good to go -

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/6c674860-c970-4e1e-ac28-d0a6.jpg

When you pull the valve out while running, do you feel suction as you put your thumb over the valve?

Reading This Topic

Site Meter