Profile Picture

Vin number decoded

Posted By DryLakesRacer 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 15 hours ago
Hey guys maybe you can help? I spotted a 56 Victoria on Ebay not only with parts I did understand some but much I didn't. I can't give you the ebay number because I couldn't find it. A search under "1956 Ford Victoria Chrome" will find it.  

The Vin # tag is included in the photos *S6SV179817* with stars on each end. The seller says the 3rd digit is for Summerville and the 2nd digit must be for 1956 and he says the 1st S makes it special. He also calls Summerville a pilot plant. I'm not familiar with that.

I understand how to read and decipher from the code books but this seller says it "special" one of 7 made. You can read the ad: It has a 3 speed which I thought was not a 225 HP as he states.

It has a Purolator Red air cleaner for the dual quads but NOT the one with the outer lip on the top flat edge of which I have heard is a scruby when it has 2 mounting screws. One Center hole was a Dodge/Plymouth/Chrysler of which I have photos.

The intake manifold is painted red and with close look has adapters so I'm sure it does not have the original Holley's or any other small base carbs.
The dual quad option was dealer installed over the parts counter listed as part #B6A-9000-B which included all the parts to install it on a Ford. From what I've read it was recommended for 312 3-speed and 3-speed overdrive cars. The package kit was rated at 260HP.

I have a replica of that unit on my 56 and the Purolator Air Cleaner has the proper lip as I understand it. One other thing is when I received my air cleaner the number was cut off the Purolator decal which i understand the NASCAR guys did but I'm sure the law enforcement would probably not do. The one I bought was rough to look at but no rust or holes.

Anyway, Hope you guys can enlighten me as I always am trying to learn about our cars and engines

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter