Profile Picture

distributor

Posted By Jarhead 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I'm installing a ECZ9425-B intake manifold on my 1956 Ford Fairlane 292 V8 with a Holley 390 CFM Classic carb. #4160. Do I have to change the distributor to a 1957 or newer?
oldcarmark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Weeks Ago
You are doing a very popular Upgrade. I think you will be surprised at the positive change. Hopefully you can find a Distributor. The application You would use is 1964 Ford f100 with 292. Yes You must change the Distributor.. The Loadomatic will only work with the original Teapot. Bad News is the correct 57 and later Distributors have become almost impossible to find. There's a long Post back a few discussing what the problem is. Cardone is selling bad Distributors. I need One myself to do the same Swap you are doing. Third Time for Me. Up until a Year ago there was no problem getting correct Distributors from Cardone. Now there is a Problem. I bought an original 1957 Distributor on Ebay Yesterday. I gave up trying to find a proper Exchange One. Read the Post regarding "1957 and up Distributors" DON"T buy a Cardone. 30-2808. Could destroy your Motor. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
miker
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
If you’ve still got the dual diaphragm Load O Matic, yes. There’s a number of post here worth reading on buying a replacement.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Topic133762.aspx

Edit. Beat me Mark

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
oldcarmark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

No Problem. Need to spread the Word regarding Cardone 30-2808 Distributors. Someone is going to lose an Engine if they don't know what is going on. I do't know where You will find a proper Replacement for the Loadomatic. I found a nice One on Ebay and paid more than I wanted too but its correct. Hopefully I can sell the 2 Original Loadomatics and get some $$$ back.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
Jarhead
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)

Things have changed since my last post. My 56 Fairlane 292 was bogging at take off. It had an original manifold with an Edelbrock 500 CFM and an adapter plate. I was advised locally to get one of the new aluminum manifolds with a Holley 390 CFM. The distributor has also been changed to an electronic Ignitor II specifically built for this engine. It still bogs at takeoff and will even bog if I'm doing 30 or 40 and push on the pedal for a hill or to pass. I've had it to a few mechanics and a speed shop but nothing has improved. They all claim that it's just a carb. adjustment but nothing gets any better. The car shakes at a red light. Any suggestions?
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 8 hours ago
Did you change the distributor to '57 or newer?

Lawrenceville, GA
oldcarmark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Jarhead (10/3/2018)
Things have changed since my last post. My 56 Fairlane 292 was bogging at take off. It had an original manifold with an Edelbrock 500 CFM and an adapter plate. I was advised locally to get one of the new aluminum manifolds with a Holley 390 CFM. The distributor has also been changed to an electronic Ignitor II specifically built for this engine. It still bogs at takeoff and will even bog if I'm doing 30 or 40 and push on the pedal for a hill or to pass. I've had it to a few mechanics and a speed shop but nothing has improved. They all claim that it's just a carb. adjustment but nothing gets any better. The car shakes at a red light. Any suggestions?

I am not familiar with this Ignitor II  Distributor that You refer to. What is it exactly and can You post a Picture? Ignitor II is usually the Electronic Conversion Kit sold by Pertronix-not a Distributor.  Have You verified that the Timing is advancing as RPM's increase?

KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
'I am not familiar with this Ignitor II  Distributor that You refer to. What is it exactly and can You post a Picture?'

http://www.pertronix.com/images/ignition/flame_dist/d134600.jpg">

They offer a 'LOOK-A-LIKE' or CNC machined model.

CRAZY Message Board - Won't hold photos...

2721955meteor
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
had same problem with 57 292 b manifold new halley 600 ford dura spark sign. cure was 2 things i bigger jets primary,1size up.
2 reinst heat riser. the aluminum manifolds  do not work in cooler climates,as the have no exhaust cross over threw int.. some up hear have i muffler stockist with restriction,1 less restrictive gives you a heat riser without the ratle of the original ones the new holley has elect choke that works great.(live in west coast bc canada)
Jarhead
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I'm sorry! It isn't an Ignitor III distributor. It's an actual '56 Ford distributor that has been rebuilt with a longer shaft to eliminate the wobble and a lower bearing to keep the shaft running true to the Ford block. All the guts and coil are Petronix Ignitor III. Distributor is built by FBO Systems in Oregon and has both vacuum and mechanical advance and is supposed to make the Y-block able to accept all of today's technology including the modern fuel formulations. I've installed John Mummert's manifold with the new Holley 390 CFM and it still hesitates or "bogs" at takeoff or when trying to pick up speed. Everyone says it's a carb. adjustment but no one can get it adjusted right.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter