Profile Picture

Ram exhaust manifolds

Posted By Kev 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Just curious, can the ram exhaust manifolds be flipped around so the exhaust outlet points up ? Thanks in advance.
1960fordf350
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/a10d36dc-9b11-43d6-ac1c-28bb.jpg 
Interesting question.   You gonna put stacks through the hood?   All the bolts are in a straight line,  but you'd have to test fit it to clear everything else.   What engine are you working on?   If its a Lincoln Y,  then no you can't.    They use an up/down pattern, where as the Ford Y uses a straight line across.   Here's a pic of some Lincoln rams.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2e6780b3-6e07-4836-8bf9-c3da.jpg

charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Maybe.  The manifold bolt holes are not directly inline, so you will probably have to oval some of the mounting holes in order to mount them.  You will also want to do that in a way  that keeps the ports in good alignment.

Lawrenceville, GA
Kev
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)Turbocharged (58 reputation)

I have a ‘57 ford 292. I don’t have the ram exhaust manifolds but, looking at them made me wonder if they can be flipped to do exactly that: pipes straight up. I also don’t have a hood to worry about since it’s a rat rod.
Thank you
Kev
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

I don't think the outlet flange will be parallel with the ground, as machined from the factory but it is easy enough to have pipes bent to that they point straight up.

Lawrenceville, GA
Genuinerod
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)Supercharged (233 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
You may have interference with the spark plugs.
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Good thought.  It probably won't work because of that.

Lawrenceville, GA
Dave C
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)

Curious, Will the ram horn manifolds clear the steering gearbox in a 55/56 car chassis? I have changed to a Borgman P/S gearbox and there’s not much room. I’m looking at building headers at this point.

Thanks
Dave
charliemccraney
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I don't know about the gear box but the motor mounts will be a problem.

Lawrenceville, GA
Dave C
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)Supercharged (250 reputation)

charliemccraney (2/8/2018)
I don't know about the gear box but the motor mounts will be a problem.

Good to know... Thanks

Dave

Reading This Topic

Site Meter