Profile Picture

New engine

Posted By Rowen 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks guys! Yup Charlie, don't think anyone will quite expect that when I open the hood!!
Miker, that's the plan my friend, to love it n drive th wheels off it!!

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Anyone ever use a "pusher" fan on a 55? Does anyone have a part number? There are far to many to sort through on the internet. Thanks for any help

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
miker
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
The electric fan for primary cooling, or just when stopped?

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Primary. Thermostatically controlled.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 24 minutes ago
I have a universal Hayden 14" fan on my Vicky. Stays plenty cool even on the highway with the blower. They come reversible so they can push or pull and a nice fan control unit. Only problem I had was the instructions say they are shipped from the factory as pushers. I mounted mine on the front of the radiator and soon discovered it was set as a puller. Parts store had a mounting kit available so I just needed to cut the mounts and reverse the blade. Now all is fine. So if you buy a Hayden before the final mounting make sure which direction it blowing in. You can find Hayden's at a reasonable price if you search or your local parts store.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
miker
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I’m glad Moonshadow has a proven solution, because I had mixed results with pushers on the ‘bird. Getting the air out from under the hood is a problem when stopped on those cars, and adding a Paxton and headers didn’t help any.

If you haven’t bought a controller yet, I really liked the Flex A Lite variable and adjustable one. There’s a variety of options from radiator probe to separate temp sender, wiring, etc. Takes the place of a relay, also. Mine was hid under a finned cover for a voltage regulator.

They’re local to me, and my first one failed. I drove down to buy another one, and they took it, said “oh, we had a problem with the circuit board on some of those. “. Handed me a new one, years out of warranty, and apologized for my inconvenience. Pretty good service.

That whole set up is still running as a pusher on my buddy’s Nomad, only comes on stuck in traffic. So you might have a look.

https://www.flex-a-lite.com/accessories/electric-fan-controllers.html

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Rono
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Charlie;
Just curious; I assume you didn't have room for the puller fan with the blower pulley on the crank?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 24 minutes ago
The cog belt setup wouldn't allow the fan blade to clear. It needed a long extension to clear the belt and put it too close to the radiator. I've change it to a 2V belt setup now using aluminum add on pulleys. I could do a fan now with the added 2" or so clearance. 

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire

Reading This Topic

Site Meter