Profile Picture

New engine

Posted By Rowen 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
The HVH is not 4-hole.  I understand that it does have 4 holes on the top but it is effectively an open spacer.  It is better than a basic or typical open spacer but it is open, nonetheless.  The 4-hole spacers are cheap, so definitely give them a try once in the car.  You probably will feel a difference.

Here's the vid

Lawrenceville, GA
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Thanks for linking that Charlie.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
PF Arcand
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Rowen: In your general description of the engine, there was no mention of block milling/decking or milling of the "G" heads? If that wasn't done, it's possible your compression is lower than the piston description indicates. If that is the case, a change to a milder Cam might be a good idea?  Any change should be done now as it's not easy on a Y-block..  Just thoughts to kick around ?      

Paul
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

The block had been decked prior to me purchasing it. John did check the deck height before doing any assembly. Not sure if I should post these next couple of pics or not. Let me say that I am COMPLETELY satisfied with the results achieved by John with the parts I supplied him for that ol iron headed Y-block. I wanted a streetable pump gas
motor and that is what has been delivered. Within a few tenths of 1 hp per cube was my goal and as far as I am concerned, achieved. So, having said that here is a list of labor and parts:
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e4c57e15-eb9f-4dd0-ae7f-0755.jpg 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e881af7f-10a4-433d-b2f2-c96d.jpg 

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Kahuna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Rowen
I think you've done real well with numbers from a very honest Dyno.
I can't wait to  see the car when finished. Best
Jim
Happy Thanksgiving
Kahuna
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Forgot to ask
What manifold are you using now?
Thanks
Jim
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Jim, I broke down and bought John Mummert's dual plane. The numbers it makes are just un-matchable with any other I looked at.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Merry Christmas to you gents!! Got the engine in over the weekend. Couple minor issues fitting those headers but got em in. Haven't fired it yet but boy howdy in my humble opinion, it looks perfectly at home! Drive lines have been sent out. This weekend I finish up the disk brakes and plumb the fuel lines. Jus a little closer...........

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/c618bb65-39ee-41cf-80dd-1380.jpg 

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
charliemccraney
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
I like the color scheme.

Lawrenceville, GA
miker
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Great numbers and a great look. You’re going to love that ride.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter