Profile Picture

New engine

Posted By Rowen 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi Rowen
Best of luck with the car & engine.
John Beck really knows his stuff.
The compression appears a bit high to me,
but I wouldn't worry about the cam at all. 
I'm sure you'll be happy with the result.
Are you going to try the dual quads too?
Best
Jim
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Just got back from Johns shop. I am still trying to figure out if I can post a video somewhere. Here are the final results:
304 CI, 303.6 HP, 329.1 TQ, 91 octane California pump gas. dyno sheet attached. Let me know what you think....
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/17b3aa82-431f-4d21-ad31-00cf.jpg 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/939e2cbe-d1f7-4571-9762-0fb7.jpg 

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

A few more pics of completed engine.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/319fb16e-66c9-4553-ae2b-1487.jpg 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/8f360cbc-0f11-4d14-b90b-fb8f.jpg 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/29b1a56a-309b-4890-8cff-26de.jpg 

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
miker
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Congratulations, that’s a good looking motor and good looking numbers. Should be a real pleasure to drive when the tuning is finished (if needed) in the car.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
charliemccraney
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Almost 1hp / ci is great.
Were any other carbs or spacers tried?

Lawrenceville, GA
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Charlie, We did try a 2" spacer and it didn't like it much. The low end, which is where I will spend most of my time, went away rather significantly. As much as 10+hp and up to 35tq. I am very happy with the #s so we stopped. Not to mention dyno time ain't cheap. I think it will be a fun ride. Miker, thanks, I think it's kinda pretty myself. Yup, some street tuning in sure will be in order and I am hoping for a smooth dial in. Jim, not right now as I want to get the car up and running and get the bugs worked out of all the other things yet to dial in, drive line, brakes, elec, seats,..etc..etc. after she is road worthy and all the extraneous things are right then I will maybe start playing with it. Here's the sheet with the spacer...
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/71b64234-3ccb-4682-9b44-6135.jpg 

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
charliemccraney
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 4 hours ago
I would expect the HVH spacer to hurt low end in most cases.  What you did with that is make a great dual plane manifold into a mediocre single plane.  Try a 4 hole or divided spacer, something that preserves dual plan functionality, and I bet your numbers will pick up.  I think there is more in it with tuning.

I also see that the mixture was leaner at the lower end of the test range with the spacer.  So the loss probably isn't as great as it seems, with additional tuning.

Lawrenceville, GA
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

The spacer was a 4 hole (tapered). There may well be more, perhaps much more, time and budget dictated the stopping point. I'm happy with it and the budget didn't take any extra cost hits. More tuning will be needed once in the car and the dyno was more for break-in and fun for me. This whole process has been and continues to be a gas! I'm having a ball!! Next pics will be of the install. Stay tuned.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

My son got the video posted on U Tube
"Loves Y Block"

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Love's Y-Block

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca

Reading This Topic

Site Meter