Profile Picture

Clutch question.

Posted By Drexel 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have everything I need to bolt a T10 4 speed to my 292 project except the pressure plate.  Contacted a brake and clutch outlet and they were no help. Any suggestions where to find the passenger car clutch?  Thanks.
55 GLASS TOP
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have seen pressure plates on ebay
slumlord444
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 hours ago
Any auto parts store. Just make sure you have the right spline and disk diamater. 292 is usually 10". 312 is 11"
Dave V
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)Supercharged (445 reputation)

Last Active: Today @ 1:45:12 AM
I have an almost new 10" that I removed when I went to an 11".  Dave

SE Wis
Drexel
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)

My flywheel is drilled for an 11" cover but, hey, I appreciate the offer.  My local Napa store had no listing but I see Summit has a kit manufactured By ZOOM only their disc is 23 spline and I need 10.  We have another parts store in town so I will give them a shot at it.
charliemccraney
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
The long 11" bolt pattern is the same for many vehicles.  All you need is an 11" clutch that comes with a disc with the right spline.  Go to Summit Racing, search for clutch and filter by diameter and spline.  Should be loads of options.

Lawrenceville, GA
paul2748
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Google Centerforce.  They have all kinds of pressure plates and discs.  I have one of theirs in my 54 with a 312 and toploader.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Drexel
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Thanks Charlie.  I took a little more time on the Summit page and found what I think will work. Kit MU7350-1 has the 10 spline disc although it does not specifically list the 292 Y-Block.   The other kit MU7350-1A has the 23 spline disc and appears to be the same with exception of the disc and lists the Y-Block application.  Thinking the "A" designation on the end of the part number applies to the different disc.  Any thoughts before I purchase?  Thanks all.  Dave
lowrider
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)Supercharged (620 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Fort Wayne Clutch will build what you need. 800-258-8243

Dan      Kingman Az.      86409
charliemccraney
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I think the plate and disc will work.  The throwout bearing  may not since those are not generally as universal.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter