Profile Picture

Rex HP headers

Posted By Rowen 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Has anyone used these headers? If so, please, all the info and reviews I can get. At $690, a pretty big purchase for me. I like the fact that they are 4into one instead of a common pipe like the stock ones. Yestertech has some as well at the same price, but I'm just "feelin" the Rex.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
charliemccraney
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
There was some feedback from someone about them, used on a pretty stout motor.  I don't remember where that was though, here, Y-block Magazine, somewhere else..
I want to say that the motor in question was between 400 and 500hp, so they are probably the best off-the-shelf header available for the vehicles they are designed to fit.

Lawrenceville, GA
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Thanks Charlie, that's what I was thinking as well. They certainly "look" the part. Quality looks good.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Sorry about the quality of the pic. Best I got.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
speedpro56
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I believe Red's Heads sell the same style headers as well.

-Gary Burnette-

MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I understand that these headers will not work with an automatic transmission. Some clearance problem. I have a set that will go on when I put the blower motor in. I'll know more then I'm sure.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Rowen
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Moon shadow, It says floor mount manual OR automatic with "some modification". I was looking at that and some minor clearencing on the shift linkage I think all need be done. I dunno, won't really matter with the T5. I KNOW all will clear then.

Rowen
55CV
Woodland, Ca
MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I figured at the worst I could use a cable column shift adapter.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Rono
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
I have a pair of Red's Headers on my 56 and they are not a 4 into 1. They call them passenger dual tube headers. For my blower motor in the coupe I went with Ram's Horns and will build a 2&1/2" exhaust system (with electric cut-outs!!)

Rono

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

speedpro56
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Interested in the difference between Red's and Rex's as they look the same but I think Red's are a little cheaper.

-Gary Burnette-

Reading This Topic

Site Meter