Profile Picture

More Dragster Photos

Posted By Larry Short 7 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/35a39b09-660a-4d24-b904-56a1.jpg 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/f4045d70-4736-4d48-9519-d2b3.jpg
Ted
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Larry.  Looking good.  I trust you’re not using any Thunderbolt axles.  LOL.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Larry Short
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)Supercharged (541 reputation)

Ted,
Man some guys really know how to rub it in !  No Thunderbolt axels, it has a 1950s Lincoln rear-end.
Larry  
57FordPU
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
That is a beautiful car Larry.  The matte black finish plus shiny parts create a great look.  Also the FI, mag, and T;Bird valve covers make for an eye popping combo.

Charlie Burns Laton, Ca (South of Fresno)

BurnsRacing981@gmail.com
MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The odd thing is that while the 9" Ford is the go to axle for so many race cars today back in the 50's and 60's we were all looking for BOP(Buick, Olds, Pontiac) rears. But they were tough for the time.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
Larry Short
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Thanks Guys, glad you like it. Don't know why they put a 56 Lincoln rear in it, guess they had one laying around. I still need to finish lettering it and put a few period correct decals.Larry
MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

That's the chassis you had a Columbus a few years back isn't it? Didn't notice it came with the rear end. I'm not familiar with the early Lincoln rear end. Are they beefy? I know the 49 to 56 Ford/Mercury's are prone to axle breakage.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

Larry Short
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Yes it's the one I had in Columbus . The rear end was in it when I got it. Don't know much about it my self. First thought it was a Dana.
One of the guys at Columbus that year told me it was the Lincoln. Not worried about the axel breaking as much as the ring gear, you set right over it. Larry
charliemccraney
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
I'm sure axles can be ordered from Moser, Strange, etc, if need be.  A differential or spool is probably the hard thing to find.

Looks great.

Lawrenceville, GA
MoonShadow
Posted 7 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I would want a super metal cover/shield over the rear end. Titanium maybe! Smile

Y's guys rule!

Reading This Topic

Site Meter