Profile Picture

55 292 police motors

Posted By junkyardjeff 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
I think they were.
PF Arcand (9/12/2016)
Just to add to the questions, wasn't the term Interceptor also used on the Eaton Marine Ford engines?

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
PF Arcand
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 7 Months Ago
Just to add to the questions, wasn't the term Interceptor also used on the Eaton Marine Ford engines?

Paul
junkyardjeff
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

That is the one I was shown,I was going to buy them but they were 14 dollars a pair so I decided to wait.

Ted
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Is this the valve cover decal you are looking at for the ’55 Police engines?
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d1f5588c-cf77-41a6-9a8d-4792.jpg 

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

junkyardjeff
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I have found there is a different valve cover sticker for the police motor,its smaller then the regular sticker and will get them when I am ready to build the motor.

junkyardjeff
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

If there is no color or sticker difference on the police motors I will paint it up like a 55 Merc motor was dropped in or use the 58? interceptor decals like I have on the 351-W that is in it now,if the marine motors had a different sticker I could use them as I want something that looks a little different then what is supposed to be on it. I like messing with those so called experts we all hear at the car shows.

Ted
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
junkyardjeff (8/20/2016)
  I was considering painting the 292 I will be putting in my 55 Sunliner as a 55 mercury motor but got thinking of making it look like a 55 292 police motor if it looked different then the 272 that is supposed to be in it, so what I need to know are those motors painted a different color or had different valve cover stickers.

To the best of my knowledge, the ’55 292 Police engines were red with black valve covers.  Not sure about the valve cover decals but would suspect they were either blank or had Thunderbird V8 stickers.  I am currently doing a restoration rebuild of a 1955 Police engine and those engines came as either a 193HP or 198HP version depending upon whether it was a standard or automatic transmission.  On these two engines, the cylinder heads dictated what the HP rating was to be.

The 272 engines in the 1955/1956 Ford cars had the Ford V8 decals on the valve covers.  The Mercury engines had ‘Mercury’ embossed into the steel valve covers.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

slumlord444
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
I believe the setup I have is automatic choke. I think the choke is missing. Carb needs rebuilt but it is '55. Intake is '55. Make you a great deal. email me at slumlord44@hotmail.com if interested. One of many things I just need to find a good home for.
junkyardjeff
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

There is a vendor that comes to a local swapmeet that sells stickers so I will check with them,I am going to build it the way I want but going to make it look like a Mercury or police motor. I have a 37 scruby p/u with a 57 235 six that I have made to look like a original 216 and its fun watching people try to figure out what it is when I open the hood..

paul2748
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)Supercharged (6.6K reputation)

Again only a guess.  Certain police cars had an "interceptor" engine, which was on the valve covers.  I don't know if the 55's were that way.  Something to check out if you do the police thing.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter