Profile Picture

Is it even possible to finds a complete and working 3 speed o/d these days

Posted By junkyardjeff 8 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Is it even possible to finds a complete and working 3 speed o/d these...

Author
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Since my dad bought my 55 new I have been thinking about building the drivetrain the way I would have ordered it if it was me going into the dealer back in 55,there is no way I would have gotten the automatic and it would be the 3 speed with o/d so can a complete and working system be found or would there be anyone be willing to get rid of one. It will be a couple years before I will be starting the build of the 292 so I have time to watch for one and would be nice to find one that I can just install and go without rebuilding but will probably cost some serious money.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio

Threaded View

Threaded View
Forum Post Is it even possible to finds a complete and working 3 speed o/d these... By junkyardjeff ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post I saaume you're looking for the T-86 and R-10 combo that would have... By miker ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post There are 2 options. The T86 with the R10 overdrive and a T85 with the... By 62bigwindow ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hmmmm... Your '56 3 spd. w/ o/d will work in his '55. All he would... By NoShortcuts ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post Two currently advertised remanufactured T-86 3 speed w/ R-11 overdrive... By NoShortcuts ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post Yes that is correct. By 62bigwindow ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post I would prefer a 56 and up trans since my 55 is now`12 volts and does... By junkyardjeff ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post Jeff, maybe I'm just out of date, but that's way more than I'd expect... By miker ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post The T86 only came with the R10 overdrive. The Ebay listing is... By 62bigwindow ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post As far as replicating the complete system it won't be that hard. The... By 62bigwindow ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post Ok, that sounds more like it, at least $ wise. I think all 292's came... By miker ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post Before I get too carried away trying to get one just how much abuse... By junkyardjeff ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post Jeff, about the only abuse they won't take is dumping the clutch hard.... By miker ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post Jeff. Food for thought... The parts you need are getting o-l-d. Even... By NoShortcuts ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post Hmmm... This eBay seller has quite a bit of '55 / '56 stuff including... By NoShortcuts ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post Jeff I have a 55 Top loader OD trans with a bad cluster gear,probably... By carl ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post This fall when the weeds die down I am going to grab all the clutch... By junkyardjeff ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post Get the bell housing if it has it. Every trans I have seen for sale... By 62bigwindow ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post [quote][b]junkyardjeff (8/12/2016)[/b][hr] This fall when the... By carl ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post My '59 daily runs that combo, i is great with the 3.73 gears in the... By Shaggy ( 8 Years Ago )
Forum Post A whole donor car might be a good option. I recently bid up a very... By willowbilly3 ( 8 Years Ago )

Reading This Topic

Site Meter